Lorry Horse Area

demia8

Visit site
Sorry for the questions but would love some help with the following for my new lorry....

How long and wide is your horse area in lorry? (which way do they travel?)
Do you have a front bar? If so how high is it?
What do you use on wall of lorry?

Thank you.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Width = 7'7"
Length = 11'5"
Height = 7'8"
Has space for 3 horses herringbone but would be over weight if loaded. Lining is 9mm Far eastern ply painted black with all egdes finished off with aliminium angle.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Cant help with dimensions but the lower half of the walls of my lorry are lined with Stokboard, available at agricultural merchants, the top bits are white and am presuming it is white polycoated plywood as is used on the ceiling.

My lorry is also stalled for 3 herringbone but I would be over weight if I put 3 on board. After previous posts I decided to take the plunge and visit the local weighbridge, I am ok with just being able to travel 2, after all I only have two horses but do bear weight in mind if you are building a lorry as more and more lorries are being stopped and weighed, can think of nothing worse than being found overweight and not allowed to continue my journey.

aliacc

Visit site
we have a horsebox with horse area 9ft long, set up wiht 2 partitions herringbone . As it is quite wide ..it would take 3 15.2s ......but carrying 16.3's we think it would be too cramped for more than 2 horses unless a very short journey.

Happytohack

Visit site
We've just bought a box for 2 big horses (17 hh+). Length in horse area is approx 8ft 6in, width is 8 ft and height is 7ft 10ins. They travel straight across (no need for herringbone as it is so wide). It would take 3 x 15 handers.