Lorry parking charges

Chumsmum

Visit site
Just having an argument with my OH over the cost of storing my new trailer
frown.gif

It will cost me £5.00 a week to store on yard - this is outside and it will be difficult to park.

Or just under £7.00 a week to store on farm next door - this is under cover and easier to park.

Can't believe how expensive it will be....
confused.gif

measles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
frown.gif

It will cost me £5.00 a week to store on yard - this is outside and it will be difficult to park.

Or just under £7.00 a week to store on farm next door - this is under cover and easier to park.

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god - that's daylight robbery!
shocked.gif

Ottinmeg

www.equestrianimage.com
i dont pay for mine to live on the farm either but i have to let the farmers (YO brothers ) know when i want the lorry this time of year as they are doing all the turkeys and security is tight.in fact my lorry is being used to block one of the entrances. i also cant put it on the farm when its dark if there are turkeys. any other time i can come and go as i please

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
frown.gif

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god - that's daylight robbery!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was thinking exact same thing!

£10 per month for lorry. Same on all yards i have been on

Chumsmum

Visit site
I know it is! V fed up.

I think I'm going to go with the next door farm for a couple of months (moving in Feb anyway) because it will be easier for me to practise loading/reversing there and then look for something else nearer to new place.

Going to kill me to pay that money out....

lillie

lilliedodger.proboards99.com
not atm, he may introduce a charge through when he tidies the parking area up abit (more hardcore) but if you want to park in the yard (just easier to get to) but takes up parking for liveries then he will charge you but there isnt much room for more than 2 trailers really

Chumsmum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
£2 for lorry/trailor a week.

are we cheap? haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think it would cost me that much more in diesel if I come and park it on your yard
grin.gif

Do these prices include for under cover?

Foxford

Visit site
This pees me off and I don't even have a lorry or a trailer, lol!! One yard I went to look at was £5/week for a trailer. So that's £260/year just to park your trailer...

Personally I think parking should be already included in the livery fee. And it would put me right off moving on a yard if they had a parking fee.

Sneedy

Visit site
I pay £5 a week and resent it!! It used to be parked on grass at the back of the yard...then I got stuck in the mud and said if I was paying that much it had to go on hard standing, no point having it if I can't get it out!!!
tongue.gif

Previous yard I was at didn't charge anything!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
never used to pay but when I was first at the yard the only other lorry was the Yard owners. Now there are several other lorries plus trailers and YO has built a special harcode parking area for the lorries. for about 2 years I have paid £10 a month which has recently gone up to £15 a month which I think is pretty fair as although not undercover is on purpose built level hardcore parking area as said.

Vix1978

Visit site
I charge as I have had to extend the car park to accomodate the extra lorries and trailers. Also, you'd pay to park in a car park wouldn't you? I could increase the livery, but this would penalise those liveries who don't store a trailer. I do think that sometimes people forget that you are trying to run a business and furthermore it is hard to make a crust in the horse world. We only have a finite amount of storage space at the yard, so this stops everybody just using the place as a dumping ground. More than happy for liveries to keep their trailers at home....