Loss Adjuster, please help!

leanne1988

Visit site
Right...my pony had a bone spur in her fetlock, NFU paid out fine. Its an on-going claim as shes recieving physio & still getting vet visits, NFU told me to just forward on invoices, so i have been.

Recieved an email from first equine claimes manangement saying they are working on behalf of NFU and to now forward any invoices to them...
Im confused... why do i need them? the nfu said to send them off to them.

So anyway, i ignore it, and send another invoice to NFU address & i get a letter from this company saying they have "recommended payment be made by NFU mutual" for the most recent invoice I sent the NFU, stating the exact cost etc.
So yeh, im a bit confused,i thought loss adjusters were just for investigating LOU or deaths....somebody please help? i have tried ringing this company & nobody has responded. Ive also left a voice mail with NFU.
any thoughts or ur experiences will be very appreciated! tthanks!

supagran

Visit site
I have THREE ongoing claims with NFU at the moment, and not had any problems. I would phone the claims department first thing on Monday morning and see what is going on.

Keep us posted, please!

leanne1988

Visit site
thats why im so confused, they paid the biggest vet fee absoultey fine so why now get a loss adjuster involved? to me i thought these were only nessacary in disputes, or death claims etc. I have left a voicemail with NFU to get back to me ASAP! left about 30mins ago, so hopefully they'll ring me first thing monday. grrrr!

buddly

Visit site
i have just made a claim with NFU and when i phoned to find out what the hell was going on as it was taking ages they said it had been passed over to equine first as they just havent got time to deal with all the claims so i phoned equine first who eventually told me they had recommened NFU pay me and i should get a letter to that effect from them but that payement from NFU could take a few weeks more!!!
i got my oh to phone nfu as he has dealt with our local office alot and they said they would find out what was going on and they sent me a cheque the very next day!

so in answer to you yes they are "out sourcing" claims as they dont have time to deal with them all! hope that helps but it is confusing i may as well be insured with equine first!! lol

loopylucifer

Visit site
Good luck with Equine first I have had nothing but trouble from them. taking far far long on paying out and constantly making excuses for not phoning back etc. I just hope they are better dealing with NFU claims than they were equestrian direct ones.

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
Regardless of NFU farming work out to Equine First, it is quite common for Loss Adjusters to investigate any high cost insurance claim whether its for a car, house, horse, whatever. They don't all necessarily have horns and a forked tail and smell of sulphur, they're just trying to make sure that the claim is correct. At least they're supposed to be! Years ago I had a new back boiler fitted to my gas fire. No probs. Only took half a day. Last job before they left was to check for gas leaks. Eeeep. Their equipment showed a tiny leak! Everything had to be taken out again and re-checked. No fault found. In the end they decided that the tiny leak was there BEFORE they installed the new boiler so the whole house would have to be "re-carcassed". This meant all the gas pipes etc that were installed BEFORE the bloody house was finished being built had to be relaid. I had palpitations let me tell you and 2 loss adjusters appeared at my front door within 12 hours because my insurers were also having palpitations! Sorted quite happily. Just an illustration of what loss adjusters do!