Lost dog sightings but cannot catch him

Jennypenny

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone has some ideas/tips. There is a large bull mastiff lost and there has been many sightings of him local to me in Great Bowden, Market Harborough, Leics area. The problem is he will not be caught. He is scared and runs away at speed. I have been looking as well as many others but have not seen him in the reported area. When a reported sighting comes in, the time some one gets there he is gone. The local dog warden is having the same problem. We have tried to get a dog trap but can't find one. Any one got any suggestions? We are hoping to see him and coax him into a garden or some thing. Many sighting are just after dusk, so it's even harder to spot him. He is not my dog, I'm just helping when I can. the area is postered, but without seeing him ourselves it's so frustrating. He has been reported to have a limp so is injured so need to catch him although he has been seen traveling at speed.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Saw this exact scenario on a TV programme recently. Is he ok with other dogs? They used a walkers dog to get him to stay still enough for a vet to dart him with sedative.

MiCsarah

Visit site
Can you not use a fox trap? Alot of local farmers or shoots will have one. We use one at work and one dog is always getting stuck init as she's so greedy!! Interesting that I'm in husbands bosworth and haven't heard a thing. There was once a show on tv and they chased this dog into nets. They got enough people to walk it into the correct area.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Had the same problem when my MILs lurcher went walkabout. No-one could get near her. I think the best solution is, if spotted, do not approach or coax the dog, just observe his position and get the owner to come asap. I know that sounds totally impractical but it was the way we caught MILs. Good luck.

Jennypenny

Visit site
For more an up to date information look on the dog lost website his in the central fawn dog mastiff called Murphy. Will explain more. I thing a fox trap may too small he is a huge dog

Jennypenny

Visit site
Thanks dobiegirl, for posting on fb to spread the word. The more people keeping an eye out/ helping the better. No sightings since mon so worried, hopefully we get a sighting soon. Thank you Angieandben too & anyone else that lives in the area that will keep an eye out, everything helps