Lost (Mislaid) Passport

Clannad48

Visit site
Ok, so really numpty question here

I have lost/mislaid one of our horses passports, I know I had it in December as I had the horse vaccinated and the vet signed it. I usually keep it in the same place at home but it's missing :( I have turned the house upside down inside out and totally gone through every piece of paper/book/cupboard and drawer but I can't find it anywhere. We have competitions coming up so desperately need to find it.

The question is, I have been on the website of the issuing agency and the information/advice is poor to say the least. I really don't want to go to the expense of having the vet complete all the paperwork/vaccination necessary according to the website for issuing a new passport. There is nowhere on the site that relates to replacing a passport that is lost. I appreciate that there are issues regarding illegally passported horses but I have a photocopy of a vet certificate that was required for the insurance of the horse in 2013 which has the microchip number and the passport number on it so I have all the information they should need to replace the passport. (The horse was initially passported in 2007 when it was purchased)

I know that the minute I pay for a new passport the old one will miraculously appear but I am pulling my hair out at the moment. Any suggestions????

Last edited:

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
You should be able to get a duplicate, especially as you have the microchip and passport number.
You know you haven't really lost it especially as you had it last December, so as long as you're certain you haven't used it since then you could try reliving that day. Just take yourself back to when the vet was there, stand where you were when he signed the passport and go through every motion afterwards that you can remember. It sounds daft but often it triggers a memory...providing of course, that the vet didn't absent mindedly walk off with your passport !

sport horse

Visit site
Check with your vets before giving up - they have put one of mine down in a car and driven off with it. However I would have thought they wold have come across it by
now.

live-love-laugh

Visit site
Phone the passport company and explain and they'll send you a replacement passport, you'll have to pay for it but it'll be a lot cheaper then having another one done via the vets. If your the owner on the passport then they'll have your details and you won't have a problem getting another one.

Have you checked down the sofa as odd as it sounds? I lost a passport once, was in the middle of changing sofa's, decided on the off chance to cut into the old sofa to see what had got lost in it over the years. Low and behold I found the missing passport! That saved me the cost of £50 to replace that!