Lost my best friend

figgy

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss.....its so hard to get your head around it all.
I lost my 5 year old 3 weeks ago & I miss him like crazy !!!
Keep strong sending you a hug xxxx

ozpoz

Visit site
I am so sorry. I lost dear Ozzie this way, and know just how much it hurts. Thinking of you. x

Bradsmum

Visit site
So very sorry op. From one who's been there, take comfort that he had a good home with you for 21 years and there are plenty out there who don't get that. Take care of yourself.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
7am Thursday morning and I get a panicked phone call from my friend to say ring the vet, Mac has colic. I rushed to stables (15 min drive) to find my darling boy a sweaty heaving mess. Vet arrives but can't do anything for him and I lose him at 9.10. My beautiful boy, my best friend of 21 years is now gone and I have no idea how to cope. I am a mess. I just want him back. I am fortunate enough to be able to have him cremated individually, so that I may bring him home, but am feeling lost. I still have to go to the yard to look after my pony but his head isn't greet me and his rugs are still hanging up and smell of him. I just wanted to share with people who might know what I'm going through. He was my one and only and I'll never get another. I love you Macaulay X X X

lost 2 to colic the last one this time last year. So sorry for you it is a horrid ailment one that hits so quick and end a life just as quick. I lost 6 loved one in th last 3 years, 2 cats 1 dog my mare of a life time my donkey and my father I feel for you deeply.

Can you close the door top and bootom for the moment so you don't see his things till your ready???? ciber hugs coming your way.

Last edited:

Ceriann

Visit site
So very sorry. I lost mine suddenly almost two years ago - I miss her every day and if I ever allow myself to think of her when I'm alone I cry. It's the very hardest part but he will have had 21 happy years with you - you feel like this because you love him and he will have had the benefit of that all that time. Be kind to yourself x

Zirach

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I have been there myself. They say the pain we feel when they go is equal to the joy they brought when they were alive. It gets better with time but you never forget xxx Look after yourself x

wills_91

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. Take care and be kind, you have done right by him for 21 years he is an incredibly lucky boy. X

alliwantforchristmas

Visit site
I'm so sorry, your post is heartbreaking ... it's obvious you really loved him. You gave him a lovely life for so many years, and did the right thing by him at the end. Thinking of you xx

Ebenezer_Scrooge

Visit site
RIP Mac. I lost my first horse & best friend suddenly as well & it was awful...that was over 14yrs ago. She was so special that she was buried at the yard & everytime I pass her grave on my boy I can now smile & remember all that she taught me & how much I love her. I promise it eventually gets better to live with but still hurts.
Just think of the lovely home you gave him, no horse could ask for more. Hugs to you Xx

suffolkmare

Visit site
So sad for you. Colic took my lad's field buddy just a couple of weeks ago, sudden and unexpected, he was around 18yrs, it is horrible. Take care of yourself and treasure the special memories. RIP Mac x