Lost the little dog.....

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Absolutely heartbroken. He was my little doggy soul mate.
Whilst not totally unexpected it was still horrible. He had come close a few times to me making the call but last week was prescribed painkillers for arthritis in his spine (which until then I didn't know he had) and had a second puppyhood for a few days after starting it. However started to slow down again and struggle. I decided to take him on Monday to my vet and firstly offer to sign my life over to him if he could help but secondly and the option I knew in my head we would take to let him go.
He didn't make Monday morning. I took him last night to the emergency vets. His eyes told me he'd had enough.
The vets were slightly less compassionate than ideal and sounded slightly irritated to be there on a Sunday at 11pm but im trying not to dwell on that.

Thankyou to everyone who's advised and helped on my various threads about him. Not sure I'll ever love a dog like that again but I guess I'm lucky to have had him and will even miss the naughty irritating side of him :'(

deicinmerlyn

Visit site
Sorry for your loss, I lost my little dog recently too but like you I try and think of the good things and that he had a good life, but it's still hard when you lose a little mate. x

twiggy2

Visit site
Never nice to lose them and my thoughts are with you.

I lost my soul mate a few weeks ago and my 2 old boys are on their last days-then I will be dogless for the first time in 30 years

Thistle

Visit site
So sorry, when the time is right then it's the right time. The vet should understand that.

It's a month today I said goodbye to my boxer, Rocky. It's the last kind thing we can do for them. xxx

Sandstone1

Visit site
So sorry, recently lost my old boy too. It is horrible and I have to say vets in my case where not that great either.
Just try to remember the good times.

Chiffy

Visit site
So sorry the little boy has gone, you have to try to be pleased he is in no more pain and remember the good times. We all go through this awful time and can but support each other xx

Bellasophia

Visit site
Very sorry for your loss...it's never long enough,and he was your heart dog.Mine left me in December...I'm remembering her in the walks we take..she pops into my mind when I least expect her and I'm warmed by that. I hope your little lad stays by your side too in happy memories of him.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thankyou for all your kind words. I actually hurt inside I miss him so much.
I can't believe he's gone.
By the time we reached the vet he was too weak to even hold his own head up. I can't believe he went down hill so so quickly.
My family don't seem bothered and that upsets me even more as its only me grieving for him.
The other dogs make me smile and are good for a cuddle but this little dog adored me as much as I loved him and came everywhere with me. Everywhere is empty now.

Meems

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this, he was lucky to have you as such an adoring owner. I know you've been worried about him for a while, I remember your thread from a few weeks ago. It's just awful when our beloved dogs get old and start to fall apart. I'm sure your home will feel very strange and empty for a while without him. RIP little one xxx

Luci07

Visit site
So sorry... It is so hard. Your family may not understand but we do here, as we have also shared our lives and lost much loved dogs.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
The thing I love about this forum is the fact that when it's needed your all so lovely and supportive!
Little dog didn't have a huge amount of fans so I feel a bit alone at missing him so much.
Everyone's either forgotten him already or just purposely not mentioning him or at worst joking "shame you couldn't get a 2 for one pts and got rid of your horse at the same time" was one of the best comments!

I really do appreciate all these messages and and truley grateful to everyone xx

Meems

Visit site
The thing I love about this forum is the fact that when it's needed your all so lovely and supportive!
Little dog didn't have a huge amount of fans so I feel a bit alone at missing him so much.
Everyone's either forgotten him already or just purposely not mentioning him or at worst joking "shame you couldn't get a 2 for one pts and got rid of your horse at the same time" was one of the best comments!

I really do appreciate all these messages and and truley grateful to everyone xx

He was your little soul mate so to be honest, everyone can sod off. I think I'll be facing the PTS dilemma before too long with my own little best friend. She's going downhill quite quickly and I can't even begin to think of a time when she won't be with me anymore. I think you've been remarkably brave, big hugs xxx

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He was your little soul mate so to be honest, everyone can sod off. I think I'll be facing the PTS dilemma before too long with my own little best friend. She's going downhill quite quickly and I can't even begin to think of a time when she won't be with me anymore. I think you've been remarkably brave, big hugs xxx

I wasn't brave, I had no choice in the end. I kind of wish id been braver and done it a day or so before but he went so quickly.
Im so sorry about your little dog. It really is tough. I hope you and her are ok xx

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Actually that's not 100% true. The vet did say she was willing to inject him with drugs and to see how he was in the morning but the way he looked at me, I just couldn't have done that to him.
Its true in a way I guess when they say you know by their eyes....

twiggy2

Visit site
me too, it is crap that's all three in less than 2 months-it is not easy OP and what happened happened their is no point giving yourself a hard time-it is so difficult to pick the right time when things are creeping up on them

poiuytrewq

Visit site
me too, it is crap that's all three in less than 2 months-it is not easy OP and what happened happened their is no point giving yourself a hard time-it is so difficult to pick the right time when things are creeping up on them
Gosh, that's awful. You must be heartbroken. So sorry. I find the other dogs a great distraction and can't imagine loosing them all.