Lots of British Dressage questions...

Governor

Visit site
Right, my new years resolution is to have a crack at affiliated dressage. However our local venue, and the one easiest to get to (don't need the stress of travelling miles just yet) only does Novice upwards for BD classes.

Having had a brief chat with my instructor she reckons we should be ok and suggested we get a ticket. However i'm quite tempted to register instead as I plan to do quite alot of dressage with him this year especially, I just need to get my numpty questions answered...so...

Stupid question number one - do I need to register both me and Governor?

I noticed there is another Governor on the BD database. I take it this means I can't register him as 'Governor'. He was supposedly bred by Zangershiede (he has the Z brand anyway) so should I try 'Governor Z' or 'Govert' as he is on his import papers.

Thats it for now but no doubt there will be more.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Yes you need to register both of you I'm afraid.

Try the other names or one of mine has the same name as another horse with II after it. They will do that quite easily particularly if you have papers with that name on. I think on your application you get a choice of 3 names.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
If you are not bothered about points, rosettes and prize money then you can get away with just registering yourself. You can then ride in any novice class as long as you place a "T" in the class box on your entry form i.e. N21 T. This indicates you wish to ride as a Training entry and for this the horse does not need to be registered but you cannot gain points or prize money, rosettes are given at the organisers discretion. Apparently this is new for 2007 as not many venues opted to run separate Training sections. This is my understanding from reading my new rule book.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Where abouts in Essex are you and where do you plan to compete
smile.gif

You can do Prelim (if you can find venue close by) without registering.

I think is worth registering as then can qualify for Regionals and Area Festivals.

Be careful if pony is imported think they have some funny rules re grading of imported horses - may not apply to you. Have a look at rule book on BD website
confused.gif

You do both need to register - they give a discount for DD.
smile.gif

Governor

Visit site
He doesn't have a competition record and the import papers are a bit shady. I don't know how he's bred either so I don't think i'll have to go through the grading issues - he was just broken when I got him too.

If I can afford it (£110...) I think i'll go ahead and register both of us, its not as if he doesn't have the potential.

Another question is it a flat joining fee or annual?

[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't have a competition record and the import papers are a bit shady. I don't know how he's bred either so I don't think i'll have to go through the grading issues - he was just broken when I got him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Competition record, breeding etc are all irrelevant for grading. All that matters is his age and the date he was imported - you say his import papers are shady and this could be a problem because BD will need to know for certain when he came over and that the papers relate to the right horse.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]

Competition record, breeding etc are all irrelevant for grading. All that matters is his age and the date he was imported - you say his import papers are shady and this could be a problem because BD will need to know for certain when he came over and that the papers relate to the right horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

My horse was imported as a six year old and I think that means he automatically gets 100 + points
shocked.gif
You can however be 'assessed' by a BD certified person and downgraded to what level that person thinks you are actually at.

Halfstep

Visit site
If you don't have the importation papers or clear proof of the date of importation they will give him the set number of points for his age, and you'll have to get the horse assessed if the points don't refect his level of training. I don't think that vaccination records would be accepted as proof of date of importation, but it is worth a try.

Points are allocated as follows:
4 year old - 0 points
5 year old - 35 points
6 year old - 110 points
7 year old - 210 points
8 year old - 350 points
9 year old - 385 points
10 year old - 400 points

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't have the importation papers or clear proof of the date of importation they will give him the set number of points for his age

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving points by age is what they do if you DO have papers with DOB and complete importation papers because then they know exactly what age the horse was imported.
If neither can be proved then I'm not sure what they do - probably make you attend assesment grading.
Incedentaly, with such hazy papers as to breeding, import etc, I could be wrong, but I doubt he was bred by the Zangersheide stud.

Halfstep

Visit site
I've just been through this - horse was imported at 4 but the record was lost. If I had the proof, he would have been given 0 points - as no proof, he has been given 35 for his age (5). The quote from the rule book is:
"Initially horses will be graded according to their age at the time of registration unless proof of importation at an earlier age can be supplied".

Ferdinase514

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Dutch passport and pedigree was a dead giveaway!

x

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't remember if they ask for these....

Poss pedigree actually (but since Finn has none might have slipped my mind
frown.gif
)

Sparklet

Visit site
There is someone I am competing against at the regionals who 'lost' her foriegn passport and obtained a new one (which is illegal I understand). She did not declare the horse was an import.

I could drop her in it if I wanted.....does anyone want to be known as a cheat?

Halfstep

Visit site
True, they don't actually ask for the pasport, but you are supposed to fill in the details yourself on the form, along with the breed society registration number - but they are optional. I suppose you could leave it all blank and see what happens??? Just put unknown in the sire and dam spaces and UK as country of origin.
I suppose it mattered to me as I wanted his competition record to be directly associated with the identity of the horse - thus having his BD information match his passport was important.