Lottie Vibes Please

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
She looks like she's colicking. Vet on way. Kicking at her belly, looking really uncomfortable. Though has improved over last 20 minutes

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
No no no not after everything else you've been through! A million vibes on their way.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Vet has been. By the time she got there Lottie seemed back to normal but I've got video of her kicking at her belly and looking very agitated which vet agreeed looks like colic spasms. Either that or vet thinks something bit her. But no sign of a bite. So she has given her an injection and we are keeping a very close eye on her. I think we are ok though. Vibes must have helped!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I often find a dose of buscopan cures most mild colics as they are just a bit iffy. If that doesn't work a not so gentle horsebox ride round the block as you can be 100% certain your horse will do its utmost best to poo down its back legs within 5mins of being in the box!

Glad all is OK and hopefully continues to be so!

The horsebox treatment doesn't seem to be as well known these days, but it works. I wonder how many colics are resolved by a rushed journey to the hospital?

Glad she seems fine now! We've all been there where they seemed very bad and by the time the vet got there they've picked up.

I had one rolling on the floor groaning once and happily stood eating hay by the time the vet was on their way!

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Yes. We had the vet rushing out practically in the middle of the night last winter and almost as soon as we got off the phone she took a big step up into her deep straw bed and let rip the most enormous fart ever.... then was completely fine. I still sat up most of the rest of the night to be sure.

Visit site
The horsebox treatment doesn't seem to be as well known these days, but it works. I wonder how many colics are resolved by a rushed journey to the hospital?

Because vets want the money. They keep you at home for a few visits then pack you off to horspital and people are so worried about their precious pony they are careful. The surgery then gets a lovely chunk of cash regardless. And then any aftercare is back to the original vets.

We have a 3x walker policy. If its colicking chuck it on the walker at a decent walking speed for 10mins, put it back in its box, if it isn't happy back on the walker for another 10mins then back in the box. If it's still not happy then it goes back on the walker and the vet is rung.

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Vet has been. By the time she got there Lottie seemed back to normal but I've got video of her kicking at her belly and looking very agitated which vet agreeed looks like colic spasms. Either that or vet thinks something bit her. But no sign of a bite. So she has given her an injection and we are keeping a very close eye on her. I think we are ok though. Vibes must have helped!!

So glad she is okay and doing well!

We’ve had similar with a youngster at the yard for the last 3 days now.. exact the same symptoms but sweating and shaking. Once vet arrives it passes, she said she’s seeing it a lot at the moment and isn’t sure what’s causing it.

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I missed this last night I’m glad everything was OK….I have a similar approach to Elf….walking briskly in arena to try to move any trapped gas then observing to see if discomfort continues…different if masses of sweat and throwing themselves around in pain..then vet out double quick.

pistolpete

Visit site
Colic is such a beast. Glad she’s ok. Have a really good think what else could be different in last few days. There’s always a reason. Sometimes we don’t know why but any changes worth noting.

Birker2020

Visit site
I often find a dose of buscopan cures most mild comics as they are just a bit iffy. If that doesn't work a not so gentle horsebox ride round the block as you can be 100% certain your horse will do its utmost best to poo down its back legs within 5mins of being in the box!

Glad all is OK and hopefully continues to be so!
My vet used to say about my previous horse to give three to four bute, put on the walker for 20 mins and then put back in the stable, any bute would be over ridden by the colic if it continued. This was on a horse that the vets were constantly being called out to, it was an ex dairy farm grazing and it was very rich. He also suffered from spasmodic colic so it was the same colic every time.

The only thing that seemed to work was strip grazing which stopped his colics once and for all and changing the water in the paddock every third day in the summer.