Louella Stud?

wellsat

Visit site
I went to look round the Louella Stud today and was v impressed with their facilities. I'm considering sending my stallion away there to be gelded so that he can have turnout to help him recover after the procedure.

Has anyone got any experience of going there? My boy is gentle but can be quite nervous so needs a kind but firm hand.

eventrider23

Visit site
No experience of stallions but know several who have sent mares there and have always been thrilled with how good they look on coming home.

velv

Visit site
I have sent my mare to bred twice, foal down once and weaned two foals with them. They also did a bit of handling/show prep with the one I didn't breed there. I have been very happy each time and if my mare who is there at the momment gets her act together and gets in foal I will send her to foal down again, Very reasonable rates and the horses are all very settled. Jonathon who runs the yard is very knowledgable and helpful. So I would definately reccommend it!

wellsat

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I really liked what I saw and how the yard was run but its always useful to hear from other people as well.

iconique

Visit site
I've had 2 mare stay with them and lets say one was a delight whereas the other could only be described as difficult! They were professional but also friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Chloe-V

Visit site
Hi, I've been using some of Louella Stud's stallions for different mares for 9 years now and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Jonathon and Lucy are both very, very knowledgeable and professional. They are lovely to deal with and so helpful with all aspects of the stud.

In the early years I sent my mares to the stud for natural service and was always delighted with the way they were kept and handled and they all came back in lovely condition and not stressed out - can't say the same for some other studs.

The last few years I've been doing AI at home and get the same brilliant service I've always had.

I'd trust them with any horse of mine, anytime.

Mike Marshall

New User
Visit site
You can't go wrong with Louella Stud, they are brilliant, probably the nicest and most sincere people I have ever met in the horse world. They are without doubt the most successful stud in the UK.
I have had many horses from Louella and bred many by their stallions,including Louella Inschallah II, Louella Inschallah III, Louella Gandolpho, Senang Hati XX, Young Freeman (USA) XX, many by Criminal Law XX, Nomadic Way etc.... they treat all horses that go there as their own !. Enjoy the experience, it's well worth it.
(Mike Marshall-Lakeside Stud Gloucestershire)

HBM1

Visit site
I'd trust them with any of mine. I think you only have to see the success they have had with their boys and offspring. They are all happy, well behaved horses, and poor treatment doesn't produce that.