LouiseM Lesson 25th Day - Venue

RLD

Visit site
Hi,

The other thread was getting a bit busy and confusing so though I'd start this.

From other thread the groups are:

8am:
Group A: Leg-end
?
?
Following:Group B: RLD
Scarlett
MCTM
Following:Group C: RLD
Saf
FrannieUK
Following:Group B/C:Sj-xc-hannah
?
?
Following:
I still have unconfirmed...
Ime,Ihatework,Llanali,NR99,1t34,Vic07,

Sparsholt is about 100miles from me, Henley about 110miles. I have transport so both are doable but obvs alot of diesel!

Is there anywhere that we could think of that would be a bit closer to the M25? If I am the only one it is a long trip for then I will go with the majority but as the venue hasn't been confirmed yet thought I'd ask!

Leg_end

Visit site
Being entirely selfish, as I'm Newbury way (and on at 8am) Sparsholt or Ali16's place works for me.. And I'm pretty sure FrannieUK is more South so nearer A34 would possibly be easier for her too (but don't quote me on that) ;)

As Scarlett said, would the Guildford session be better?

Last edited:

RLD

Visit site
I'm in Kent M25 J4. I can't do the 24th as it is my Birthday and my friends have made plans for that evening.

Like I said if I am the only one those venues are a long way for then I will just go with the majority. I just thought if most people are based in Guildford or around that way it would make a big difference to me as it is half the distance.

Leg_end

Visit site
Oh, that's a pain :( I know there was going to be a Henley session but lack of venue has cancelled that one out...

RLD

Visit site
No worries. Where is Ali16s place - was that the M4 J14 one? According to google that is Hungerford? Thats about 100miles too so would be the same as Sparsholt for me.

Ali16

Visit site
Like I said on the other thread.. very happy to use my place and kick Edward out for the day.

Also happy to make up numbers if need be as I have millions of horses & some clients that would love to join in :p

ETA - yes, near Hungerford - about 10 mins off J14 M4.

ihatework

Visit site
Oh, that's a pain :( I know there was going to be a Henley session but lack of venue has cancelled that one out...

We can get a Henley venue but there isn't sufficinet interest to make it worthwhile, clash of timings etc.

I'm out whatever.

Sounds to me though that sessions in this order would work best

Guildford - Hungerford - South West

MCTM

Visit site
Thoughts for venues in the Guildford area....

Parwood has a great outdoor arena with good range of jumps but can work out quite expensive, they organise their own clinics but now sure how receptive they'd be to this.

Unfortunately the yard I have my main horse isn't suitable (school is too narrow and they don't like external people using the facilities). The other yard in Worplesdon (just north of Guildford) where I have my old mare could be a possibility if we get desperate - its 25 x 60m with a good surface. The choice of jumps there isn't great but I could take my J4J jumps along to supplement, depends what we need really. Maybe Saf can suggest other venues?

But I'm happy to go to Sparsholt or Hungerford, (flexibility is my middle name :) ) Henley is also do-able but not the best journey for me personally.

MCTM

Visit site
Also, is Star still up for this? I haven't read all of the other thread(s) but she seemed keen earlier on and she is based just down the road from me.

Scarlett

Visit site
Parwood is booked on the 24th so sadly a no go - Merrist Wood is available, however is £50 an hour. I've emailled a few others and am waiting on a reply from one in Worplesdon who have said maybe but are checking timings... :)

Last edited:

Scarlett

Visit site
Have text Sara at Bonnieshott and am waiting on a reply :)

TiaPony, are you at Bonnieshott? My friend is liveried there, am there fairly regularly... :)

TiaPony

Visit site
Have text Sara at Bonnieshott and am waiting on a reply :)

TiaPony, are you at Bonnieshott? My friend is liveried there, am there fairly regularly... :)

Yes I am :) Who's your friend (better to describe their horse, I'm not very good at peoples names!) ? If you've ever been up and there was a bright yellow fiesta there, likelihood is that we've met! I've spotted Saf there before but am far too shy to say much, we all just gawp at how lovely her horse goes!

Scarlett

Visit site
Toby the poorly TB who is using the stable just now used to be mine and is owned by my friend Susie :)

Yes, I've stood gawping at Saf too :) I've got a silver Shogun, will say hello next time I see your car.

MCTM

Visit site
I also have one of my horses at Bonnishott (not the one I'm bringing to this). As I said before I could bring some more jumps and fillers over too - including a water tray.

TiaPony

Visit site
I also have one of my horses at Bonnishott (not the one I'm bringing to this). As I said before I could bring some more jumps and fillers over too - including a water tray.

Woah, who are you then?!? Never had someone from the same yard as me on here before..

Just to confuse matters, I sold my car today so will no longer be recognisable with the yellow bug. Will try and catch Sara tomorrow, can't see why she would say no!

MCTM

Visit site
Woah, who are you then?!? Never had someone from the same yard as me on here before..

Just to confuse matters, I sold my car today so will no longer be recognisable with the yellow bug. Will try and catch Sara tomorrow, can't see why she would say no!

Not been there long - have Molly, chestnut mare. I remember your (old) car but can't put a face to it! Hopefully say hello sometime over the weekend. Fingers crossed that Sara says yes...

Saf

community.webshots.com
Yes I am :) Who's your friend (better to describe their horse, I'm not very good at peoples names!) ? If you've ever been up and there was a bright yellow fiesta there, likelihood is that we've met! I've spotted Saf there before but am far too shy to say much, we all just gawp at how lovely her horse goes!

TiaPony I blush at your comments thank you, but please do come say hi :D hope we can all meet up if this works out yip

ecrozier

Visit site
Em, Farley hall is not too bad just outside reading. If motorways easiest would run up A404 then two junctions along M4, it's reasonably close to Wellington I think?

RLD

Visit site
Bonnishott would be great for me then - only 50 miles! Otherwise Farley Hall would still be a better journey for me than Sparsholt.