LOVE that colouring >>> Black and white `Overo` - over there >>>

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
He's very eye catching. :)

I hope that whoever buys him knows their stuff though and doesn't breed him to other frame overos due to lethal white syndrome.

Snowfilly

Visit site
So good to see a natural looking twh as well! Not quite my thing but I doubt the mares would say no if he turned up.

As Faracat said though, I'm not sure there's enough awareness over here about lethal white and I'd be worried about him throwing his colour and then peopl breeding those foals later in, not knowing what they are.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The good thing is we don't have much LWO over here, so even if someone doesn't know they'd probably get lucky.

Beats me why you would be selling a covering stallion without any pedigree info though!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
how does a TWH get a temperatment score of 2?? They are well known for being so lovely that is why they tolerate so much. And why would you then import it?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think thats maybe a scoring system used to reflect it was a 2yo colt at time of sale-so a bit lively for a novice perhaps?

Would the score not be relative to other two year old colts? Or is it just an absolute, designed to guide potential buyers of any horse?

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Would the score not be relative to other two year old colts? Or is it just an absolute, designed to guide potential buyers of any horse?

the latter I think-at least thats how I've always taken the ads on US sites-its not just temp but training/greenness etc-stand to be corrected if not though.

etamaybe the scale is reversed? seems to be some 'lovely, gentle, made' types on there with a temp of 3/10?

Last edited:

Equi

Visit site
If he was not a TWH id love him, but not as a TWH im afraid im a bit traditional with them and like them solid. He has a nice colouring, but looking past it i wouldnt want him as a stallion to be honest. But for someone looking a very unique looking horse, he will fit that bill.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
how does a TWH get a temperatment score of 2?? They are well known for being so lovely that is why they tolerate so much. And why would you then import it?

The lower the temperament score....the calmer the horse.

Visit site
Seen him on Dragon Driving (or seen his foals anyhow). Gotta say, think I prefer this colt (http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/horseforsale-105108.html) to him; might just be the angle but the stallion looks a little roach backed to me, and compared to TWHs on Google he looks almost mutton withered and a bit straight through the hind legs...that said, all number of hellish things have probably been done to "the TWHs on Google" to get them to look/stand that way!! This boy at least looks natural...however the faults above may just be the angle, he looks as if he is standing oddly and of course I am in no way an expert!!!!

I love overos though - truly marked out like a map! Though it might just be baby bum highness but foalie has a bit of an an apple arse (like a modern halter QH just nowhere near as bad...it's not a good look regardless of how pronounced it is though).

The little six year old girl in me squealed a little bit at the curly mane on the stallion though, not gonna lie...! Edit: though I found this one on da interwebz and well there is now drool on my floor. :D
bjaitme.jpg

Last edited: