Lucy Rees programme 1987

akn102

Visit site
Hello, I'm trying to get hold of a copy of the Welsh produced TV programme released in 1987 called "To Ride A Wild Horse" featuring Lucy Rees. It followed Lucy's visit to the States where she experienced cowboy methods of breaking horses.....

Does anyone have a copy I could either borrow or have??
THANK YOU!
Amanda

Reactions: DD

Brightbay

Visit site
I'd love to get a copy of this too! I have seen it... Lucy has it "digitised" and played it on her Mac when I was doing a course with her... but it was quite grainy. Still remember the bit where she was sitting in the round pen with a pile of hay, hand feeding the mustang :D

fburton

Visit site
I'd love to get a copy of this too! I have seen it... Lucy has it "digitised" and played it on her Mac when I was doing a course with her... but it was quite grainy. Still remember the bit where she was sitting in the round pen with a pile of hay, hand feeding the mustang :D
Yeah, and despite spending time "doing nothing" and the fact her chosen mustang was still a stallion, she was on his back and exploring local streams and caves(!) with him before the cowboy managed to back and ride his gelding. :)

Even more impressive, for me, was the opening shot of her traversing a precipitous-looking, snow-covered ridge in Snowdonia with one of her ponies and dog.

Last edited:

Brightbay

Visit site
She Was very entertaining about what it took to get that shot... not only does it look precipitous and something I'd think twice about riding up at the best of times, she agreed to let the camera crew follow her rather closely in a helicopter :D

Very impressive lady, and a fantastic horsewoman :)

liz_mack

New User
Visit site
Hello! I realise this is a very old thread but I am hoping someone can help. I've been spending time with Lucy Rees lately, both studying and filming... and would love to find a copy of this film to borrow. Lucy has also lost her copy... Anyone out there who might know how to get ahold of it? Thanks!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Hello! I realise this is a very old thread but I am hoping someone can help. I've been spending time with Lucy Rees lately, both studying and filming... and would love to find a copy of this film to borrow. Lucy has also lost her copy... Anyone out there who might know how to get ahold of it? Thanks!

PM fburton

fburton

Visit site
My copy (and Lucy's, because I gave it to her) is extremely grainy. I think there had been wind which shifted the tv aerial on the roof the night before the documentary aired. I think your best bet initially would be to try and get a copy from the archivist for ITV Wales. I know someone who did this. They had to sign a private use licence, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're only going to be watching it yourself and/or amongst friends.

I really wish they would broadcast it again!