Lump on my mares stomach!!!

HorseLad2020

New User
Visit site
Hi all! My highland pony mare has got a large hard lump on the left side of her stomach. I have groomed her tonight and noticed it, it doesn’t hurt her I’ve been pressing on it and she doesn’t react, no lameness either and rode the same as usual so it’s not bothering her but it’s concerning me as she has never had this before! I don’t know whether to get the vet or see how it goes? Advice on what it could be please?!

My equine life

Visit site
Can’t see the photo but in the summer my mate got swellings under her stomach, they collect a lot of fluids under their bellies my vet was saying, whether it’s from a bite or (in my mares case) she was lactating. Can you send a photo to your vet?

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Please get your vet to check it.

I don't want to scare you but I had the vet out today to my mare who also developed a similar swelling on her belly. Vet has taken bloods to rule out the possibility of the start of heart or organ failure. It's better to face these things and get them diagnosed and sorted (I keep telling myself!), I hope your mare is OK and it's nothing serious.