Lumps and bumps.

nuttyTBgelding

Visit site
I bought my horse in from the field the other day to find he had loads of little lumps on his legs and some on his nose, a bit like hives. Another horse which moved to the yard last weekend has also come up in the same lumps on his legs and nose although both horses are in seperate paddocks.

The paddocks both my boy and this other horse is in have long grass which has now gone to seed, although i have had my lad in paddocks with long grass before and never encountered anything like this before. I know my boy is like a magnet to ticks and I am always finding them on him but have yet to see any on his legs this time round.

Has anyone else experianced this before when their horse was turned out in long grass. Everyone at the yard is totally puzzeled as they are the only two horses to be affected although all the paddocks have long grass in them :confused:

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

nuttyTBgelding

Visit site
That had crossed my mind but he's never had anything as bad as this before and they're only on his legs, nose and now some have appeared on his chest this morning.

fathorse

Visit site
Sounds like ticks. I recently moved to a new yard and my horse's new field had very long grass and they came in covered in scabby lumps all over their legs, face & belly, never had this before but was confirmed it was a result of ticks. They would bite them and drop off leaving them with the scabs. I now use Tri-Tec on them, expensive but works wonders.