Lumpy pony

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Magic has never suffered with anything, no heat bumps, fly bites or allergies, so am wondering what these bumps are?

Just moved to summer grazing, a few buttercups but not many, quite a lot of dandelions (yellow stains on the horses..)
Yesterday morning no bumps, then yesterday afternoon, she has bumps on both sides where saddle goes, nowhere else.
Not bothering her (when grooming or poking). Didn't ride her.

Fly bites? Allergy to something in pasture? There are a few nettle patches.
3506918950_2ed47342dd_o.jpg

hunteress

Visit site
badly fitting saddle, your horse will have changed shape I have 2 saddles 1 for summer when more round and a second when fit and up hunting in the winter.

Cliqmo

Visit site
Ooh strange one! Might be a little allergy/reaction to all the goodness in the spring grass (some kids get red splotchy faces from sugar and it could be the same sort of thing?). Its a bit strange its only by the saddle patch though
confused.gif

kellyeaton

Visit site
could be the change of grass and they could be protin bumps with it being newly spring grass. what was the grass like where she came from?

Natalie_H

Visit site
Looks like urticaria to me (also known as nettle rash!). Mine gets it every winter when hay is introduced into his diet. He gets them all over. They don't bother him though - not sore or itchy. It may be that she has rolled in nettles and had a reaction to it. There is a good chance that they will disappear quite quickly on their own if it is urticaria. Keep us posted!
smile.gif

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Thanks
smile.gif

Confirmed as nettle rash/urticaria and will disappear on its own
smile.gif

Thanks sonny will go and read
laugh.gif