Madonna in her riding gear... Daily Mail

FigJam

teamhopalong.blogspot.com
"Wearing tight jodpur-style trousers, a fitted leather jacket and knee-high boots, the popstar went for a more glamorous style than that of late."

Ha! I wish folk said that about me when I stop in a Tesco after riding!
smirk.gif
I guess her jods and boots have ever so slightly less mud on them than mine, but still...!
tongue.gif

Do you think any of the rest of us would have got into that restaurant in riding gear?!

khan

Visit site
They look like pikeur or eurostar to me................

love the jodphur style trousers and knee high boots bit, next time i pick my beloved up from the pub, thats what i shall say i'm wearing!!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
i wonder if she smells? I can't go into a shop in my horsy cloths, without stinking the place out, mind you. my boots are a tad more poopy than hers!!.

MagicMelon

Visit site
ongo247 - Of COURSE she doesnt smell!! You think she actually TOUCHES a horse?! If she rides, it'd be a case of turn up, step on, walk about a bit then get off without touching the horses coat!

lucretia

Visit site
i hate to tell you all this but she actually had been riding at a friend of mine's yard near london. shre got keen when she was ntroduced to willie fox pitt and had a couple lessons on moon man but willie is a bit far from san lorenzo.....

Stella

Visit site
Bit sad though isn't it, wearing riding gear as a fashion statement to a top class restaurant? I suppose she could have been going to ride after lunch, but I'm sceptical - silly bloody woman
crazy.gif

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
QR. I never understand the hostility towards celebs that take up riding. what does it matter when/where/what she was eating and what she was wearing while she was! at least she is still riding, what a couple of years on? she's sticking at it at least!

Stella

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
trust me she either had been or was about to go for a lesson!

[/ QUOTE ] If she was going for one - fair enough, I applaud her. If she had been for one, I want to know where this strange land is that you can go and ride where there is no dust, let alone dirt, even a bit of rubber from an arena surface. Maybe there is a minion hired to dust and polish her as soon as she moves away from the horse and the arena
shocked.gif

Weezy

Visit site
To be fair if she was riding in London then I am not at all suprised she is still that clean and tidy - the riding establishments I know of don't have mud, just lots of concrete!

I have been to San Lorenzo many a time and you don't have to dress up to go there - course you CAN make an effort, but I would go for lunch there in breeches and no one would bat an eyelid, it is a great place and one reason I miss London!

Give Madonna a break I say, I think it is great she rides, I hate her for looking so damn good at her age, but hell, think of the hours and hours that go into maintaining that!!!

Paddywhack

Visit site
I bet that she is great in the saddle,Madonna is one celeb that i respect,i remember when she started in 1984(ouch i am old)
I think that she is great,she has never changed

ann-jen

Visit site
TBH if Madonna is seen out and about in riding gear I think it can only be good PR for equestrian sports in general and personally I think her riding gear looks a great deal better than the pappy polo shirts and casual clothing that is being promoted for SJ at the moment.

Sooty

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think that she is great,she has never changed

[/ QUOTE ]

I would disagree very strongly with that. I think Madonna has changed (her image, certainly) more than anyone else in the public eye. Her current persona as the English country lady, drinking pints of ale, writing children's books and finding a new faith, is quite a long way from her 'Sex' book!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
QR. I never understand the hostility towards celebs that take up riding. what does it matter when/where/what she was eating and what she was wearing while she was! at least she is still riding, what a couple of years on? she's sticking at it at least!

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree, what does it matter for God's sake. TBH if I looked that good I would wear it all the time too! Unfortunately I don't look that good
crazy.gif