Magic Calmer - your experience please

How effective is Magic Calmer on your horse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

applecart14

Visit site
How do you rate this product in respect of the difference it has made to your horses spookiness?

I have to say I appear to have a completely different animal to when I started this supplement some four or five weeks ago. He started with three scoops a day for eight days and then it was reduced to 1 slightly rounded scoop per day - he is approx 700KG.

Although Bailey will have the odd spook his spookiness had reduced to about two thirds, possibly more. He appears to be very laid back now. Previously he would look at something 'scary' in the school and it might have taken me twenty to thirty minutes of convincing him that the object was 'safe'. Now it takes less than a minute. He is more accepting of his environment, and appears to be more confidant on the road, spooking much less that he used to.

Although he has moved yards nine days ago he has taken it in his stride and appears quite chilled.

How have you got on with it? The major drawback I am finding is that it is not at all palatable and I struggle to get him to finish his feed with this supplement in it.

If you could fill out the poll it would be useful. Sorry about the wording, a bit naff I think myself :(

Last edited:

L&M

Visit site
I found the liquid more palatable and certainly had a good effect when our youngster went through a spooky phase.

However I found the 'intstant' shots a waste of time.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Works well on the maxicob. He eats it happily (but then he is an equine dustbin).

I think I recall from previous threads about it, that when it works it works very well, but others find it has no effect. Its not just the Mg deficiency though, as same maxicob doesn't get calmed nearly as effectively as MgO alone. Pity, as it would be a lot cheaper!

emmah

www.amazingpase.co.uk
I use the powder in my horses feed and I think it makes a massive difference. Mines a right fuss pot and wouldn't eat it in her feed to start with but soon got over it and eats it fine now :)

kinnygirl1

Visit site
Didn't see any difference with this one but think it works well if horse is magnesium deficient. Am using a tryptophan based one now and think I am seeing an improvement.

applecart14

Visit site
Thanks for your replies and for your votes!

At the time of writing the poll shows that there are more of you that have said it hasn't worked (7) than those that it has been very effective for (3) or quite effective for (3) with one saying fairly effective and one saying not effective.

Very interesting results, it would be even more intersting over a larger count of voters.

Last edited: