Magnesium Based Calmer - Recomendations

HayleyUK

Visit site
Sharp youngster has been on a low grade mag oxide calmer from Metabolic Horse for about 8 weeks now - it was sent by accident and we decided to give it a whirl rather than bin it.

Its proved to be a pretty good product for her - she's remained responsive but it just takes the sharp/silly edge off her and its as if it buys her that extra second of thinking time before she over reacts.

I'm wanting to keep on a magnesium based calmer, but find ordering online a PITA as we are never in to get the parcel.

Can anyone recommend a feed supplement style calmer that's pretty each to get hold of?

Thanks

nikkimariet

Visit site
Have it delivered to work?

Really rate science supplements prokalm and also the equine america superkalm.

You could always try supplementing with pure mag ox? I do with Fig and this takes the edge off as the grass sugars fluctuate.

hoorayhenry

Visit site
Have a look at Equi feasts Cool Calm Collected. They are extremely helpful fast delivery. sends via royal mail but i have special instructions to leave in stables

HayleyUK

Visit site
NMT - would do, but a white powder parcel wrapped in Brown paper looks a bit suspect ;) lol

Thanks for the suggestions, I need feed so will see which the store has in :)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
You could check but I bought some minerals in smaller bags from Progressive Earth on ebay and they came in very nice neutral white pouches which didn't look in the slightest bit dodgy.

Swirlymurphy

Visit site
I think the Equifeast is delivered in a normal cardboard box so there wouldn't be any questions asked, unless of course it is opened in the post room but even then it is labelled. Where on earth do you work ?!

HayleyUK

Visit site
Our facilities team 'check' all the parcels coming in because we're not technically meant to get things delivered unless they are work related- and the mag ox from Metabolic Horse is literally a large bag of white powder wrapped in brown paper. The label on the last bag wasn't clear what it was.

I suspect if I had it sent here, they'd be suspicious I was a drug smuggler or something..

Probably not explaining myself particularly well, ignore me!

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The 1.8kg zinc I got from progressive earth recently came in a white pouch, properly sealed with a professional label on it saying what it was and the company. Be worth checking if they use the same packaging for their magnesium.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Our facilities team 'check' all the parcels coming in because we're not technically meant to get things delivered unless they are work related

Ohhh no that makes perfect sense :)

But that's daft - hugely unhelpful to you as an employee...

ETA all the packages I have had from Natural Horse Company & Progressive Earth come properly packaged in zip lock bags with labels :) Aaaand Progressive Earth gives you sweeties with your order!!!