Magnesium horse treats

Visit site
I feed my spooky horse magnesium and it helps a lot, especially during the summer, my problem was trying to get him to each it, he's a good doer and I found that I had to use a lot of hard feed to get him to eat it, or grate veggies, which also seemed a lot of work everyday and very messy.
My friend gave me some treats with biotin, I thought wouldn't it be great if you could buy them with magnesium, but I couldn't find any, so I made my own, it's so much nicer not having to do messy mixes everyday and they work a treat!

So my question is, if you use magnesium as a calmer, would you buy these? I've listed some on eBay, but I'm not sure if people will buy them! Thanks for reading

Equi

Visit site
Absolutely. This is a fab idea as long as the treat mix was very low sugar and had the correct amount of magnesium in it.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Absolutely. This is a fab idea as long as the treat mix was very low sugar and had the correct amount of magnesium in it.

Yes this.

One of mine was on a mag based calmer but being welsh and a good doer put weight on with the amount of feed I had to use to get her to eat it.

Would have defiantly used the treats

Visit site
Thanks for all the positive replies, I use 40g of magnesium oxide, I love them and he gets his magnesium every day now, even when I'm in a rush. But because they are homemade I can adjust the recipe if needed, I also put Brewers yeast in for my horse, which he never would have touched before. Thank you for the tip on the low sugar, I do do this as mines Welsh too!

Equi

Visit site
Thats a bit too much to be honest. Probably wasting a lot of it, as it will just be expelled out. I would revise it to about 10-15mg.

Exploding Chestnuts

Visit site
I agree, I would not expect to feed one treat per day, so would prefer 10mgs per treat, that way one could adjust for weight of equine more readily. I would probably just add them to an ordinary feed to be honest unless they were in the field.

lewis2015

Visit site
I feed my spooky horse magnesium and it helps a lot, especially during the summer, my problem was trying to get him to each it, he's a good doer and I found that I had to use a lot of hard feed to get him to eat it, or grate veggies, which also seemed a lot of work everyday and very messy.
My friend gave me some treats with biotin, I thought wouldn't it be great if you could buy them with magnesium, but I couldn't find any, so I made my own, it's so much nicer not having to do messy mixes everyday and they work a treat!

So my question is, if you use magnesium as a calmer, would you buy these? I've listed some on eBay, but I'm not sure if people will buy them! Thanks for reading

Hi there - I'd be interested in these! If allowed, could you PM me the ebay link? Thanks :)