Magnetic Boots - any recommendations?

Farasi

Visit site
My horse has recently been diagnosed with degeneration of his hind suspensory ligaments. The vet advised that magnetic boots may help prolong his working life. I am trying to find out which may be the best to get. Any advice?

Jo C

Visit site
I have used the Armadillo magnetic wraps with good results and the customer service from them was excellent! I used them on a fractured splint bone to try and reduce it in size which they did!

seabiscuit

Visit site
You dont need to fork out a fortune for magentic boots, they are a rip off!! The normal magnets sewn onto a normal boot/bandage work EXACTLY the same, and are just as effective, for 1/10 th of the price!! You just need to buy the magnets on their own off ebay, then sew them on!

SpruceRI

Visit site
Seabiscuit - what section of ebay do you find the magnets? Have searched and searched but can't find them....

Had a 'demo' from a chap at a 'magnetic wrist band' stall at Hickstead selling wrist bands for £25 and thought at the time what a rip-off. Just need to buy a strong magnet and make my own.... !!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Try equimagnets on ebay. I've got a pair of wraps off them that can be used on Knee, Hock or leg. I use them in the winter to reduce filling in my mares hind legs and my my mates uses them on her mares arthritic hocks. However if you do a search for magnets in the equestrian catergory it comes up with a few sellers.