Magnetic Boots

Natne1

New User
Visit site
Hi all,
one of my mares came in from the field severely lame in the hock.
Long story short, and x-rays etc, it looks to be a tendon injury. I have decided the box rest option (which is actually very small field rest as she develops an edema in the stable from not moving).

anyway.. on the x rays, it also showed the onset of arthritis too in the hock. I am now wondering whether magnetic boots will help both the tendon injury and the arthritis? Any examples of it working?

thanks!

Zuzzie

Visit site
I tried them, can't say I noticed any difference. Now stuffed at the back of a cupboard! Other people may have more positive experiences though.

BuzzyBee1982

Visit site
Yes I used them on my mate’s hind legs when she was on box rest due to fracturing her pedal bone. She was getting very stiff in her hind legs and oedema and they dramatically improved. I wouldn’t be without them now.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I used magnetic boots on my arthitic mare when it was that or pts. They worked miraculously and I do not believe that it was simply the warmth. Her arthritis was in her hips, her boots were on her lower legs. I bought them on a friend's reccommendation, her pony had chronic laminitis and the boots helped witht he blood flow. Howevver I have tried them on 2 other horses to no avail at all.

holeymoley

Visit site
I love mine. I use them mainly in the Winter to help with circulation in the cold weather (previous rotated laminitic) I found they also help with the legs filling.

Hanno Verian

Visit site
I used them on my old Hanoverian about 15 years ago, who had arthritis as a result of being over jumped as a showjumper, he would often be foot sore after being ridden, which was managed by Bute. Due to concerns about the cumulative impact of prolonged Bute use we bought him magnetic boots, which we would put on him for a few hours after he had been ridden, this enabled us to reduce his Bute whilst retaining his soundness and enabled him to have a reasonable working retirement until the point that he deteriorated and we decided to call it a day with him. I cant remember which company it was that we used, there were a number in business at the time - I would Google Equestrian Magnetic Boots and look for reviews, just be aware that there are a fair number of snake oil salesmen around.

Good luck

Polos Mum

Visit site
I don't believe in them and don't understand the science of how they work - BUT i had a horse here from a friend as a last resort for 12 months turnout after failed hock surgery. You could really tell if it was too wet to put them on for a few days. So they definitely made a difference to him.

As above his was hock issued and the boots were normal brushing boot shape so no physical contact between injury area and boot so not warmth.