Maiden mare

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Thank you! So so positive, I just hope they have a nice settled night.

My body is definitely starting to relax and let go. Another night of just checking the camera and then I can tell I’m going to have the best of sleeps?

My vet suggested we wait a few weeks before naming her, rather pessimistic but I understand. Nothing has sprung to my mind though and I do feel after everything she needs a really strong name. Any suggestions are welcome!

Rubbish. She deserves a name.

Bikerchickone

Visit site
So delighted to see the updates and the pictures. Wonderful news. Hope all continues to go well and I would definitely name your filly. She’s a survivor and she certainly deserves a wonderful name to tell the world how much of a fighter she is. Hope you get some rest now!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
So very pleased for you and the little one.

It's so sad when a foal loses or isn't accepted by their mother, and it's also sad when a mare loses her foal, but there is certainly some joy to be found in a situation like this when when the foal can have a proper mum and the mare can still raise a foal after her loss. Also great to see mare owners offering their mare for this type of thing. I'm so glad that it's working out.

SilverLinings

Visit site
It is wonderful that Poppy and the foal seem to be getting on well so far, I hope they both get some comfort from each other after the bad few days they've had recently (Poppy loosing her foal, and your foal not really having a mother). I hope they go from strength to strength and that it doesn't take you too long to catch up on all your lost sleep.

Louisa&Chilly

Visit site
Sorry everyone, IVE BEEN ASLEEP!!! ???
I went to work yesterday and after watching the pair on the camera and coming home to do evening feeds, just seeing them together, I knew I could relax and I went straight to bed?

They had a wonderful day yesterday and we are slowing introducing them to turnout from today. Poppy hasn’t had much grass, we have a lot so we will introduce a few hours at a time from this evening.

I’m so grateful to Poppys owner for getting her here and trusting us with her, I know the feeling is mutual as we have given Poppy a baby back. The quiet and shut down Poppy that arrived is slowly getting her spark back and my terrified little baby is growing in confidence and can finally sleep safely next to a mother that she knows won’t cause her any harm.
As much as I talk about being tired and lacking sleep, as Tracey and I discussed, these last few days have been about them, it’s for them and watching them brighten up in the last few days has been beautiful to watch.
Nature really is incredible❤️

I'm Dun

Visit site
Sorry everyone, IVE BEEN ASLEEP!!! ???
I went to work yesterday and after watching the pair on the camera and coming home to do evening feeds, just seeing them together, I knew I could relax and I went straight to bed?

They had a wonderful day yesterday and we are slowing introducing them to turnout from today. Poppy hasn’t had much grass, we have a lot so we will introduce a few hours at a time from this evening.

I’m so grateful to Poppys owner for getting her here and trusting us with her, I know the feeling is mutual as we have given Poppy a baby back. The quiet and shut down Poppy that arrived is slowly getting her spark back and my terrified little baby is growing in confidence and can finally sleep safely next to a mother that she knows won’t cause her any harm.
As much as I talk about being tired and lacking sleep, as Tracey and I discussed, these last few days have been about them, it’s for them and watching them brighten up in the last few days has been beautiful to watch.
Nature really is incredible❤️

I cried when I read this update. I am so glad its worked out.