Maisie models her foal slip!

Rosehip

Visit site
Its a bit big! :) Everything is a bit big!!!
The day she was born was roaring a gale, so we dashed and bought the smallest rug we could find - 3ft - its about 4 inches too long! haha! She will grow into it rather rapidly though, and the weather has picked up nicely so she's staying naked for now :)

Shes a little minx, and Im having to be pretty pro-active and stern, so she was squished into a corner and had her foal slip on yesterday - she didnt approve, but was a very good girl and let me put it on and off without too much fuss! :D

Piccys just because!

Itchy Bum!! ;)
DSCF2049.jpg

Sleeps time!
DSCF2052.jpg

Whats this on my face??!!
DSCF2055.jpg

But its too big!!
DSCF2057.jpg

Muuuuuummmm!!!
DSCF2054.jpg

****Discliamer - I took it off after 5 mins, I wouldnt leave one so baggy on a foal!!******

dianchi

Visit site
Your doing better than mine! My foal slip was HUGE!!!
In the end i went and got a teeny tiny miniture headcollar, which still has had to have a knot in it!

Rosehip

Visit site
Oh bless Dianchi!!! This is a shetland foal slip! lol!
Maisie was creating a bit, and Seri -being pretty foal proud still - dashed over to see why I was touching her baby...saw the headcollor and stood with Maisie as if to say "now you be a good girl, its only a headcollor"!! lol!

They went out in the big paddock for an hour today (Seri was showing signs of lami prior to foaling, and was too footy to put out on Mon, they had half an hour in the small paddock yesterday and then an hour in each paddock each ends of the day today, Seri looking sound! TOUCH WOOD!!!) and Maisie just scampered about with poor Seri trying to keep her under her nose! lol! I think we will all be glad when the foal proudness wears off a bit! :)

Planning on giving them a couple of hours each end of the day tomorrow, and gradually increase it. Seri has a good bag at the mo, but Maisie ate all the pies and seems to be permenantly attached to a teat! :D Poor Dippy!! xx

Pony_Puzz

Visit site
Yeah you can, we will let you off! :D Unfortunately mines inside today due to the downpour here as there is no shelter in the menage nor her field but she'll get out for a good leg stretch this evening :) might buy her a little dog rug or see if the mini shetlands fit her! (dont think I could punch holes in that though!)

Rosehip

Visit site
Ive just been putting Seri and Maisie out for an hour or so each end of the day as the weather isnt great, and I cant find a rug to fit little one!! Found some small dog rugs but nothing the right size! A 3ft is massive still at the mo!
xx