Make my phone pretend to be a pair of clippers?

Morgan123

Visit site
Training nervous pony. Is there an app for making your phone vibrate and play a clipper sound? Sure someone must have thought of this. Thought I'd ask before working out how to do it myself!

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
I hope your phone is either cheap and replaceable or is super-hard and indestructible... If the clipper app is convincing, your pony might take fright, bump you so you drop your phone, then step on it.

On second thought, glue a tie-up ring to the back of the phone and tether it to your wrist.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

Morgan123

Visit site
Haha. Well my phone is already useless extremely cracked back and front, so I don't mind that, but you do all make a good point! ;-) I'll start with a clipper noise to get used to the idea, then try some cheap trimmers maybe ;-). They're probably better at phone calls than my broken phone is TBH!

Auslander

Visit site
I use an electric toothbrush (my son hasn't noticed it's missing yet!). Produced exactly the same result as turning on the clippers, so I'd say it's a winner for desensitisation purposes.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes, I have used an electric toothbrush too. Even has a tickle like clippers.

I also use a massager, teach them that noises mean a nice thing.

I also use a Black and Decker car hoover, one of the ones with the wizzy round brush. Once it is on the meaty areas the horses seem to love the feeling.

Once they have experienced a hoover they never seem scared of the clippers again! They are a lot noisier and have loads of vibration, but the horses seem to genuinely love the feeling. I would do some pre-work though as they are quite scary when first turned on.

Doule bonus, they clean the car as well :)

MagicMelon

Visit site
As someone mentioned, I used an electric toothbrush with one horse which worked well. Id also every nown and again just start making a loud "zzzzzzzzzzz" noise while grooming, I have no idea if it helped but seemed to make the horse less jumpy about stuff like that!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I used the app, but it was much easier to use a rechargeable cordless hair trimmer, picked up for under £20. Useful for tidying too once they are ok with it.
I used it daily, often twice a day, whilst brushing over.