Make your own citronella barrier h ?

taceann

Visit site
Given the quantity of ragwort and the price of Barrier H, I would need loads !

Is it possible to make your own by mixing pure 100% Citronella oil with water/surfactant do you think ? I found a thread here http://forum1.aimoo....-1-1875514.html (hope link works)

where somebody seems to mix 100ml oil with 2 litre of water. Given that 100ml of oil is around £5 ish, this makes it considerabley cheaper than buying Barrier H, but would it work or am I just wasting my time ??

lelly

Visit site
I have wondered about this myself. Link didn't work for me either. I know you can add washing up liquid to make it stick to the plants better and I think it helps it mix better too. Will watch this thread with interest.

trottingon

Visit site
Surely it can't just contain water and citronella can it??? I've just gone to the web page and the only ingredient it gives is 22.9% citronella but that just seems too simple???

cm2581

Visit site
It is just citronella oil, water and a small amount of detergent. However, the last time I tried to work it out it was cheaper to buy barrier H as you need a lot of citronella! 229ml per litre! You could experiment to see if more dilute solutions work I suppose.