Makeshift mounting blocks?

Antw23uk

Visit site
Logs, cut tree stump logs stacked on top of each other. I have a stack by the yard gate and at the bottom of the drive ... although occasionally these get nicked, assuming for someone fire wood, lol but easily replaced as i get them free.
That and my horses are trained to stand next to anything remotely climable so i can scramble into the saddle from either side!

ihatework

Visit site
IHW scratches her head reminiscing of the days when 2 steps did the job 😂

These days ...

Attachments

• 98D96545-C9D9-424C-8033-2B17767E8EB3.png
    98D96545-C9D9-424C-8033-2B17767E8EB3.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 8

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Make friends with a pub landlord (shouldn't be hard!), and ask if they have any of the old-style metal bottle crates (or plastic will do as long as they're good and strong).

I had a few of the metal ones and fastened them together with plastic cable-ties, did the job nicely, good and sturdy.

A friend did the same with plastic ones. Hers is more lightweight than mine, and similarly does the job well.

Sorry but not able to post pic's on her.

huskydamage

Visit site
I have an ex-office chair with metal legs. It lives in the corner of the stable and has served me well. Only thing it has a fabric seat/back so if it gets left out in rain its saturated.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Ester's suggested Curver 2 step stool is excellent. I've had a set for ages, 10 years plus, and they are like new despite being left out in all weathers. They are also reassuringly sturdy - I don't do wobbly steps o_O!

I have these steps too .
But the cheapest thing and one of my favourites is two milk crates cable tied one on top of the other ,light stable and easy to move .

sportsmansB

Visit site
We have two plastic coke crates (bar-type ones) cable tied together. Light enough to take with you easily when you go away, sturdy enough to stand on, and kick out of the way of hooves easily.

DD

Visit site
mine consists of old wheels and tyres. 2 one on top of the other, then 3 the same immediately next to that. so its a step. a small fencing post goes through the centre the stop them sliding about. it doesn't matter if the horse knocks its legs on it as its all rounded and rubber, so good for me and them.

Jess+Murphy

Visit site
I bought this today and it's great! Thank you!

Honestly, my legs are so short! I've just had to take some trousers up by 15cm, so glad I have something decently tall and sturdy now!

Same as motherofchickens - a work platform, people are always pinching mine as it gives more height than the 2 step plastic ones and has a bigger surface area to stand on.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8246361