Making XC jumps for use at home/livery yard...

wench

Visit site
just wondering what ideas people have? I have one of the large blue barrels, and I would like to do something with it (that doesnt involve cutting it up, or making holes in it, as my dad wants it back in one piece.)

Secondly, is it possible to make a corner out of polyblocks and poles?

monica987

Visit site
Yes it is possible but not sure about the barrell
tongue.gif
Maybe just wack it in a field..?

Jade2007

Visit site
If you're allowed you could dig a hole in the feild to make a ditch
tongue.gif

Yes, you can make a corner.

You could also use the barrel to make the corner.

If you live near a wood then you can gather branches and somehow make a jump maybe? And if you can get hold of some tyres you could use them.

mon

Visit site
the team fredericks on horse and country come up with some good ideas, try to watch that if you can

DidiR

Visit site
go to a garage that services cars... they have to pay to dispose of tyres and barrels, so will happily give them to you.

Make sure barrels are clean from their previous use before you use them, you can paint them with metal paint which will keep them smart for years... and you can buy brilliant "cups" for the large ones from STUBBS which give you 3 heights plus the top of the barrel.. about £14 a pair.

If you are allowed to make a mess in your fields, use a few straw bales... but they will deteriorate after a while.

If you've got any DIY ability (or someone else who does) then pallets cut in half with feet put on, can be fillers... or made into wings.