Manège lights- a temporary or cheap solution

scats

Visit site
We have one working, but not great, light at the gate of the manège and unfortunately it doesn’t look like the others will be getting fixed (been like this for 2 years, so..)

Has anyone successfully rigged up their own temporary lights for not too much money? Battery powered? Solar powered?

BBP

Visit site
Yep, we have rigged a couple of wooden fence posts to a bolt pivot point on the main fence. Each one has a rechargeable hand held light on it. So turn up, take the lamps and clip them to the posts, switch them on, then lever them up from horizontal to vertical and secure with second slide in bolt. Voila! Cheap and easy (and non permanent) arena lights that don’t sit at eye level and blind you. Tried to add a photo but it’s too big.

Last edited:

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I have a couple of rechargeable led lights from screwfix, very bright and I just put them on top of fence posts. 20w and about £27 each. Last about an hour and half

windand rain

Visit site
We have mains electricity any recommendation for mains lights we have very powerful flood lights but they are a bit expensive to run so LED might be better