Man filmed repeatedly whipping horse cleared of cruelty, H&H new

Welly

Visit site
So how many times does a person have to hit a horse around the head over a stable door before a.judge thinks it's cruel! Sadly, the video has been taken down so thie rest of the world can't comment!

So?

Visit site
To save other people eating up time looking it up like I just have, the case was in Malta and the defence that the horse was about to bite a small child was accepted.

fburton

Visit site
I wonder: was the whipping done to prevent the child from being bitten (which raises the question of why this was considered preferable to removing the child from danger), or was it done as "punishment"?

vanrim

Visit site
I have just seen the video and there was no child present so I can't believe he was hitting the horse to prevent it from biting a child.

fburton

Visit site
I have just seen the video and there was no child present so I can't believe he was hitting the horse to prevent it from biting a child.
In that case the horse may well have attempt to bite, or looked as if it might - so the whipping could have been an attempt to stop it happening in future by "teaching it a lesson". This would be disgracefully ignorant, of course. However, such misguided thinking can be found in this country too. It should be countered wherever it occurs.