Mane falling naturally to left... Does it matter

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Sasha was hogged when we got her, now she has a decent size mane, but it's naturally tending to fall over to left side, now people are saying make it go to the right, ok I've tried but it still goes left.. She is a polocross. Horse, not a show horse, does it really matter!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
No, I've had quite a few that had a lefty mane, including my current one. If you're not going showing it really doesn't matter.

princestar

Visit site
My horses mane lays to the left, with an 8 inch part that lays on both sides, half way down his neck.... something that probably needs thinning but I can't bear to do it and don't want to bother, sometimes it annoys me and other times I just think 'oh sod it, I cant be bothered' haha

Crazy Friesian

www.stablepeople.co.nr
The mane will naturally fall to the lowest gravity point. In the case of the mane - the side which pulls it over due to muscle formation etc... Therefore you would be on a hiding to nothing to get it to change without some serious bodywork / forcing etc... :D

Dry Rot

Visit site
Oh, but the mane should fall to the right!

That's because you could not draw your sword easily if the handle was tangled up in the mane!

Unless, of course, you are left handed....:)

FfionWinnie

Visit site
The mane will naturally fall to the lowest gravity point. In the case of the mane - the side which pulls it over due to muscle formation etc... Therefore you would be on a hiding to nothing to get it to change without some serious bodywork / forcing etc... :D

I plaited Titchy's disaster of a mane so my daughter did my get her hands tangled in her sword, erm, sorry, reins, lol. His is now staying on the correct side when loose as a happy by product of the plaiting.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Both current horses have lefties! I've never tried to correct them. One has done a few shows with us and he gets plaited to the correct side once in a blue moon!