Manually levelling arena

WarmbloodX

Visit site
Does anyone manage to level their arena successfully manually? Arena not built yet but don’t have quad bike and trying to avoid having one.
We do have a John Deere 2140 - does anyone level with one of those without getting stuck?
also have a Nissan Pathfinder and wonder if this could tow a leveller without getting stuck or in 4 WD

ideas please

TheMule

Visit site
It shouldn’t get stuck- unless your surface is done very wrong!
I do mine with my Shogun and a set of chain harrows- spikes up when it's dry, spikes down when it's wet (carpet fibre and silica sand)

WarmbloodX

Visit site
It shouldn’t get stuck- unless your surface is done very wrong!
I do mine with my Shogun and a set of chain harrows- spikes up when it's dry, spikes down when it's wet (carpet fibre and silica sand)
Thank you ! I’ve told the hubby we need a chain harrow for the pathfinder ????

Abacus

Visit site
I also use a car to tow a chain Harrow. Turning circle isn’t as good as a quad and we do have to take the sides down sometimes, maybe twice a year. On the plus side the quad engine isn’t as strong and it’s a lot of strain to pull a Harrow so I prefer using the car. Mine is a Subaru estate, a big engine but far from a massive 4x4 and it copes fine (does the fields as well).

Gift Horse

Visit site
I do mine by hand with a rake, I really need to sort something else out! It’s not ideal but it works short term for a school in light use, I work horses in the school 4 x a week and spend an hour a week raking it!