Manuka honey for wounds

maisiemoo

Visit site
Who uses Manuka honey to treat their animals ? took Rebel along to Blaze's ringcraft yesterday as one of the ladies who attends is a vet , wanted her to have a quick look at his sliced carpel pad , she said to put manuka honey on it, and i must say it is starting to look better today , and he seems happier , just wish i had thought of it when i had a horrid sore throat 3 weeks ago :eek:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
My old GSD had a lump removed from her tail and the wound just would not heal. With my vets somewhat sceptical blessing I started putting manuka honey on it and it closed up really quickly.:)

maryk91

Visit site
My GSP had a lump removed from her hind leg and was a nightmare patient, managed to wriggle round the buster collar, remove stitches etc. My vets advised manuka honey which was very effective once we had figured out how to stop her reaching the wound!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I didn't no, just applied the honey twice daily. Strangely enough although she had pulled bandages off and ripped stitches out from the wound previously she hardly bothered with it with the honey on, I was concerned she would lick it far more.

haycroft

Visit site
Fab stuff ,I used for my foster dog when she had lots of ticks removed ,,lumps bumps n crusty sores are almost gone ,just waiting for hair to re grow back
Yes sticky but v good
Manuka for fleshy wounds n aloe Vera on closed wounds

lazybee

Visit site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21457155

I've always said Manuka honey is all sales blurb. All honey or inverted sugar will produce the same results. Honey and other inverted sugars are hygroscopic and will remove moisture from a wound. Manuka honey tastes vile, so to sell it they had to come up with a new approach. Lots of spurious data and false marketing. Lots of companies have had their wrists slapped.

Trust me I'm a beekeeper.

lazybee

Visit site
Please just make sure you use treated, preferably medical-grade manuka honey as raw can contain botulism.

It is possible some honey could contain the spores for c. botulism but not the poison. There is only a potential risk to babies under six months in their immature digestive systems. With ripe honey (18% moisture content or less) of any kind, nothing harmful to humans can grow in it. Raw honey that is ripe is the only natural food that will never go off when stored in an air tight moisture proof container. Please don't listen to the manuka sales blurb; it's only honey. Any other honey would have the same results.

Trust me I'm a beekeeper, This is my subject. Ive been reading about this for years.