Manuka honey

Fazzie

Visit site
When my dog cut his pad off (ouch!) the vet put the honey on (quite thick) and then dressing then bandage. I had to take him back every other day then for the dressing to be changed, once is started healing (about a week or so later) then the vet put wound powder and dressing & bandage on for a few days and it healed up completely.
oh and vet wrap was brilliant!!

Flicker

Visit site
My horse cut his leg quite badly really high up and I couldn't get a dressing to stay on. I just slathered enough manuka honey on to give good overall coverage and used it twice a day. The cut was completely healed within a week.
It is wonderful stuff.

pip6

Visit site
Even my vet used it on a nasty wound (nearly hospital job). Healed beautifully. Seen it used several times, always good results.

celfyddydau

Visit site
My south african friend intoduced me to it 12 or 13 yrs ago. She would put it on thick and cover it with a bandage and leave it for a week.

Fii

Visit site
The only problem i found with it was, if the wound was in a place that could'nt be bandaged, it would go very runny as it got warmer, mind you the pony loved the tast of it. :)
You can buy manuka cream, but that is very expensive. :(
As with most things you don't know how it would have healed without it, so nothing to judge it by.

Piccy

Visit site
My vet used this on my lads nasty leg wound they started using it when he was in hospital and then we continued using it when he came home, it was put on once every other day then every three days and bandaged this was used for the first three weeks and the changes in the wound were fantastic and it has made a real diference to the outcome, The vets did change the treatment after three weeks so cannot tell you how long it would have take to heal the wound but would use it again and will be keeping a tube in my first aid kit all the time now