Many Norfolk people on here?

Alec Swan

Visit site
So many Norfolk bods!! :D I live in North Norfolk, Gt. Snoring (and yes it does exist!).

My OH has a ridden pony, but apart from that we only have brood mares, and youngsters which we don't seem to have sold yet! The off-road riding, around here is amazing. We have miles of Green Lanes, they're sort of public highways, except that they're grassed over and rarely driven on.

Should any of you ever be in the North Norfolk area, PM me and come and say hello, we'll put the kettle on.

Alec.

Bearsmum

Visit site
Me too. Live in Swanton Morley, work in Norwich and keep the Bear in between.

Good to know there are so many Norfolk peeps on here.

Mugsgame

Visit site
Me too... well currently in gloucestershire but from south Norfolk (near Diss) and mum and dad also have a little place at west runton, have spent so much of my time enjoying the riding round there! Glos just can't compare, especially lacking in beaches!!

Tobylerone

Visit site
I'm fairly close to stalham. Any one ride at riding schools or can recommend any?? Norfolk is not so sunny today! Combines fired up and now promptly returned to the sheds!!

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
I lived in Norwich for three years, just moved away last summer and miss it lots. I kept my pony in Wymondham - I do love Norfolk and all its funny ways.

caramac

Visit site
Caramac why move from Garb to Thelnetham?

The house of our dreams came up for sale. First spotted it 10 years ago and we both said if it was ever sold we would love it. I know it is only down the road, but we love the area, will still be close to friends we have made in the village and even things like being able to stay with the same doctors surgery, which is quite important because I think they are brilliant x And of course most importantly, the horses will still only be about 5 minutes away.

diet2ride

Visit site
I've been in Norfolk for a year now and absolutely love it.
between Fakenham & Dereham, hoping to check out the hacking soon

nomad

Visit site
I'm half way between Thetford and Downham Market, close to the forest, just nobody around to ride with :( , I've got a connie and a welsh cob and two mini's.

20 yrs ago i used to live at methwold are you near there.i lovedthe hacking there and do miss it.im now in yorkshire and the hacking is rubbish in the area i live.i still dream of the forest rides!

hest

Visit site
Bobbly, I'll ride out with you!

I'm always on the scrounge for hacking companions. I live near Thetford and have transport. PM me if you are interested x

partypremier

Visit site

caramac

Visit site
It's just before the church
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...l;jsessionid=8F98FE4D27EA9B17F278C74815FBFE5E

Thelnetham has great riding lots of grass tracks if you hack your horse this way.
Have you been on the Stanton rides bridleways?
I used to ride in Harling woods nearly everyday for 8 years it was great for getting the pointers& hunters fit , lived in Bridgham then.

Aah yes, I know where that is. Very nice. We are not too far away Haven't been on the Stanton rides at all. Would you recommend? The woods are great, so many places to explore and we have Knettishall Heath only about 5 minutes away too. We are very spoilt.

Jesstickle

Visit site
No, a few doors down from laura.

Everyone knows everyone in Norfolk :)

You don't know anyone out your way who'd make small bay hay for me do you? The outlaws have a few acres and I thought perhaps next year I'd see if I could get them cut and baled. Don't know the farmers in your neck of the woods as well as I know the ones in mine unfortunately!

partypremier

Visit site
stanton rides are quite good, big grass tracks in places. We just hop on & off the routes & join them in with other bridleways. My nearest one is 100m from our boundary. The farmer also lets us go all around his fields onto the next bridleway, quick scoot down quiet road into \Brockley wood. But the man who's farm you go thru there sets off bangers & things as you go past Miserable git, I just smile & say hello. We do have right of way but he will not accept it.

By the way the White Horse has just been bought & is re-opening soon.
They have always let riders park trailers there & you can tie horses up in their car park.
Let's hope new owners are horse friendly too.

leah_x

Visit site
I'm a Norfolk bod! Live in the centre of Norwich and keep the horse about 10 mins from Norwich Airport :) the hacking is just amazing! LOVE Norfolk!