March Fencing?

Archina

Visit site
Does anyone know the in's and out's of march fencing? :confused:

Had a encounter with one of the farmers whos land borders mine and we share a march fence. I wouldnt mind paying for half the fence if it was falling down etc but its in pretty good nic apart from a few sheep made holes at the bottom. Which brings me to my problem! His sheep are constantly escaping into my fields and not only are they eating my grass but it looks like they gave my filly Orf. I dont see why i should pay for the damage that his sheep are making, but he just keeps repeating 'its a march fence' which makes him sound like a really arrogant and annoying parrot!
He also drives past my fields about 3 times a day so must see them in there and just doesnt bother even after i have asked him countless times to remove them. His sheep in my fields also prevent us from walking the dogs as they will chase them, its the only place we can let them off the leash as the electric fencing that i put up on the top rails to stop the horses leaning over for grass in his field stops them jumping out.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!