Mare Attacks Violently When Saddling

Talism4n

Visit site
I'm actually in tears reading this. My boy was very difficult to saddle when I first got him, as he'd been in a badly fitting saddle in his old home. After sorting his back, it took some time practicing with his new saddle for him to stop expecting it to hurt and even now he can still be tense if someone other than me tries to tack him up. He needed me to be so gentle with him and it breaks my heart to think of another horse being punished for trying to tell you she's hurting. No good will come of continuing to ride this horse until she gets the treatment she needs and someone very experienced to work through this kindly - without the owner's cooperation, you're just setting yourself up to be injured by carrying on.

Contact a welfare organisation - even if they can't punish the owner as deserved, it might at least scare the owner into treating the horses better if they know that people are paying attention.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Poor horses , their life revolves around chance , good owner bad owner there’s nothing they can do about it .

Reactions: TPO