MARE DUE TO FOAL WATCHING- HOW TO DO IT???

mellissa

Visit site
Hello all,

I just had a thought- reading another post re the internet and watching a mare foal, is it possible to set up a webcam to do it?

I am a bit of a numpty with technical things and wondered if I could watch my mare from home- I live 5 miles from where she is. There is a house there and electricity

Is this possible, and how?

Thank you!

chevs

Visit site
Hi
When my mare was due last year we bought cameras from maplin. The picture was crystal clear and it was a god send. We hooked it up to the living room tv, and changed channel to view her. When i was on foal watch i slept on the couch and left the tv on all night so i could watch her, it was fab and saved going outside every hour to check. We initially tried the wireless one but the picture was rubbish.

I bet your getting excited now, I know I was!!

Hope it all goes well

Beatrice5

Visit site
Can I be cheeky and ask how much these cameras are and how you install them etc. We have just has a light rigged up in the field shelter where I hope she'll foal could the camera run off the same supply as that and also sorry to be dim but how does it work in the dark?
This is a once and only time I will foal so if it's mega bucks I'll have to rely on the trudging through mud in my pj's and wellies method!!