Mare inciting gelding to mount her

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
As per title ? hussy of a mare. Gelding is not interested really but she mithers and mithers til he gets on her. She has been separated all summer due to this but could do now with her going back in with the herd for winter grazing. Tried reintegration and she's straight back to mithering him.

Has anyone had success in quietening the mares hormones with something like agnus castus or similar? She's not moody or a typical mare generally. Open to suggestions ?

Eta leaving them to it isn't really an option, I'm already having to do lots of back strengthening rehab type work with her before I can back her due to her having a tender back from the last time he got on her ?

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
Should have put in the original post, he's not, his owner had him since gelding so knows it was full and successful. He shows zero rig behaviour aside from when she starts. He's in with other mares who he's got no interest in and never has, he's generally a quiet, kind boy. The mare is the problem ? she hunts him down and hounds the life out of him until he gives in.

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
Should have put in the original post, he's not, his owner had him since gelding so knows it was full and successful. He shows zero rig behaviour aside from when she starts. He's in with other mares who he's got no interest in and never has, he's generally a quiet, kind boy. The mare is the problem ? she hunts him down and hounds the life out of him until he gives in.

There was a mare years ago did this to my older boy, my boy ended up double barrelling her, she got the message. ? I moved after that to individual grazing and would never go back now ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Agnus Castus definitely has an effect in lowering sex hormones, so it's worth a try. I used it very successfully in a little mare who had very messy seasons.