Mare kicking out when leg is used

McScheres

New User
Visit site
I have a pony we bought a few months ago who up until 6 weeks ago never put a foot wrong under saddle. We took her away to an event for 3 days of jumping where she was perfect and flying round her courses. When we got home she had a couple of days off, a couple of days hacking then when we went to school her in the arena she was really unhappy and not wanting to move forward and would kick out with her right hind and get disunited whenever my daughter used her leg. Also not wanting to jump (this pony loves to jump) She was also a lot grumpier on the ground to handle. Since then I’ve had her scoped (all clear) and had her on Equishure for hindgut & had her overies scanned and seen an osteopath. A month later she is much happier in herself but still not right under saddle although slightly better. This only happens when we try to school her, she is fine out hacking. Has anyone any ideas, it could possibly be a behaviour thing but it came very much out of nowhere and I don’t want to get cross with her until I have checked every possible issue. Side note; she is also like this when schooled in the paddock although maybe slightly better.