Mare tense when riding- lots of droppings

Doolally

Visit site
Hi- I just wondered if anyone had any advice. I got a new mare a few months back and she is quite tense when ridden, although does relax and work well eventually. She would do about 3-4 droppings in a schooling session. I am trying to ride her calmly and not upset her but I've never come across this. Any tips on management or supplements?! Thanks!

_GG_

Visit site
Do a pilates or yoga session, where you stretch your back out properly and try not to pass wind. It's impossible. It stands to reason that as the tension is released and the back relaxes, so do the structures internally as well.

wattamus

Visit site
One of mine doesn't pass any droppings when being ridden, the other can to ten in the space of a one hour ride. Both are perfectly happy. Don't panic too much :)

charli_

Visit site
One of mine doesn't pass any droppings when being ridden, the other can to ten in the space of a one hour ride. Both are perfectly happy. Don't panic too much :)

I have two natives like this - they are both fed high fibre cubes but one will do the occasional poo on a ride never wee but the other did 3 wees and 6 poos on a 1 and a half hour hack the other day, they're both healthy.