mare with ovaries removed how long till I can ride???

seaview

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Obviously I will be checking with vet too regarding this but I was just wondering if anyone had experience how long till you could ride again.

She had both her ovaries removed at the start of July and apart from still being a bit underweight, think this is understandable and we are working on this! she is in fantastic form!

I have her in at nights to ensure she will get more grub and she is just dying to get back into work!

I have had her 11 years and she is 16 so I want to do whats right but at the same time I know the horse very well and my gut feeling is that she is bored being out and she thrives on attention
smile.gif

xx

katylee

Visit site
hi seaview
i waited 6 weeks with mine and she was fine. the vet did say to spend the next 4 weeks just walking and trotting. but she was charging around her field anyway.

katylee

Visit site
hi seaview couldnt post in you inbox is it full???
she had both her ovaries removed. the vets were really happy with her recovery. if there had been complications then the recovery time would have been lot longer. she did lose a lot of weight but she looks amazing now the best she ever has.

seaview

Visit site
why wont it let pms come in Papafrita couldnt either and I have deleted a load too GRR!
Thanks Wildpony thats really good news about your mare,
What did you feed her on to get the weight up
smile.gif

xx

seaview

Visit site
yeah no bother mine was 1000 for both her ovaries but vet is a verry good friend and i think did me a favour, our nearest place is in dublin and I priced them they are 1k an ovary!
Nat
xx