Mares in season!

dreamcometrue

Visit site
Anybody else got this going on?

Both mares at our yard are in season. We are wondering if it is because people arrive at 6am and put lights on and then others arrive at 4pm and put lights on so the "daylight hours" have been artificially extended.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Last winter, my loan mare was in season every three weeks or so. Only had one this year so far though! Was expecting more as the temps have been so mild.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
One of my minis was in season the week before Christmas and was flirting outrageously with my 15hh cob gelding! He didn't know what to do with himself while this little 32 inch mare followed him everywhere trying her best to get him interested.

xTrooperx

Visit site
Yes currently in season now, I was a lil ' umm.. This is late' but it does explain why she was having a paddy & had couple of bucks ( second ever time). Though weirdly this season she is very messy, her back legs are just gross.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Mine is in season, too. I was hoping for some reprieve, but judging by this morning's antics nope. I was also attributing it to the mild weather.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Thank god it's not just me, one come into season on xmas day and i'm pretty sure mine is about to as doing her usual girly flirting at random times.
Oh and she seems to have started a small moult...bloody weather!

Equi

Visit site
Mine was in season about 2 weeks ago. It was at the time i got a new horse so she was showing off for him! Didn't last as long as her normal seasons.

Cobber

Visit site
Mine was in season last week, she lives out. She doesn't seem to change personality wise she just gets messy hind legs and smells of wee.