Margam Park

gryff

Visit site
Do any of you ride in margam park? If so, do you know how much a permit is? Any recommendations of routes to try? Where best to park, as I'd be boxing over?

Any tips greatly appreciated.

GlamourDol

Visit site
We talked about doing this recently, just to give them something different to do.
I think you are now quite restricted on where you can ride, and I believe the permit was about £50 but i might be wrong on that.

We went to Tim Vaughn's instead and used the gallops. £10 per horse.

Annagain

Visit site
Did you gallop the gallops or just use it as a nice hack? It's only 20 minutes away from me so did wonder about a bit of a hack with the odd blast there but don't want to use it as a training session! Can you just do what you want there and how long does it take to go round at a gentle pace?

GlamourDol

Visit site
Did you gallop the gallops or just use it as a nice hack? It's only 20 minutes away from me so did wonder about a bit of a hack with the odd blast there but don't want to use it as a training session! Can you just do what you want there and how long does it take to go round at a gentle pace?

Do you mean Margam or Tim Vaughans?

GlamourDol

Visit site
We turned around and walked back down the hill. (up hill gallops) Not sure you can go round in a circle.
We went up 3 times, and then just walked back to the lorry. They are open in the afternoon as his horses have been exercised by then, we did meet one other P2Per who had hired too, which added some excitement. :D

Definitly recommend if you need a blast.