Mark Todd AirMesh Combo Rug

Sophie123

Visit site
Anyone tried/got one of these?

Looking for a good, but not too expensive fly rug, which covers the stomach as he is prone to bites and irritation in this area.

Any other options could be appreciated also. Looking to spend approximately £50.

Thanks!

porkpie

Visit site
I havn't tried the airmesh combo, but have had two of the Ultimate (I think they are called) with the black section of material between the neck and withers. Lovely looking rug, tough material and seemingly nice fit but the wretched thing has rubbed the shoulders of all 3 horses I have tried it on - really pissed off. Have sold one and only kept the other to use when at shows.

Such a shame as really rate all my other MT rugs but really woudn't buy the fly ones again as they are not cheap. I use the WB Air Mesh combo which has a belly strap - find it comes up a touch large but otherwise ok.

Sophie123

Visit site
I havn't tried the airmesh combo, but have had two of the Ultimate (I think they are called) with the black section of material between the neck and withers. Lovely looking rug, tough material and seemingly nice fit but the wretched thing has rubbed the shoulders of all 3 horses I have tried it on - really pissed off. Have sold one and only kept the other to use when at shows.

Such a shame as really rate all my other MT rugs but really woudn't buy the fly ones again as they are not cheap. I use the WB Air Mesh combo which has a belly strap - find it comes up a touch large but otherwise ok.

Thanks for the reply Porkpie - I've just ordered the rug, as it was on sale at £30 (reduced from £45). Thought id take the risk as I also rate Mark Todd rugs.

kat2290

Visit site
Resurrecting this thread as would be interested to hear how people are getting on with these rugs?

Qru

Visit site
Love mine!
Fairly indestructible due to the waterproof upper-layer.
Lovely long, roomy neck which was a must have for me because my boy has a crest and normally necks can be a bit tight.
Lovely mesh belly flap which never comes undone.
Doesn't make them sweat up too much, mines out in it all day an has never been sweaty when I've taken it off.
Plus, it's got a nice pattern on it too :)