Mark Todd pony rugs - reviews?

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Has anyone tried these? What did they think? Interested in how they fitted (thinking of one for an 11.2 Sec A).

muddy_grey

www.*******.com
12.2 Sec B on my yards has just got one and it is so much better. Rugs always slip back on him and he has had sores on his withers in the past. Owners got a 2nd MT stable rug for him a couple of months ago and it hasn't moved and inch. We have tried everything in the past, but nothing has ever stayed put as he is so narrow.

Solstar

Visit site
I have 2 of the combo turnouts for my 11h Welsh a. I find them quite generous, the 4'9 neck is far too long and covers him down to his nose when his heads down. The 4'6 is better proportioned. They have stood up to a lot of wear, my only gripe really is that they don't come in a heavyweight version!

I have used amigo in the past but find them too deep on my ponys chest, the double chest straps are a bit too bulky for him and make the underneath of his neck sore. The Mio ones are a bit better as the cheaper material is softer.

NinjaPony

Visit site
Mine has a Mark Todd stable heavyweight- it fits him pretty well, doesn't rub or anything. My only gripe is that the neck is a bit long, I had to shorten the straps (he is 11.2hh)

Fransurrey

Visit site
Fits quite well, but the no fill light weight fell apart in 24 hrs onwards. I was appalled by the quality. Ruggles rugs are cheaper and MUCH better made!

Orchardbeck

Visit site
Thanks for the feedback people! Quietly hopeful it will be all right - I've ordered the lightweight turnout though, I hope it lasts longer than yours Fransurrey! I got a separate neck cover. I'm normally an Amigo fan too but they were a lot dearer and I couldn't find a 4'9 in clearance colours anywhere. Fingers crossed! It is BRIGHT pink though... Mmm!

emilyandbobby

Visit site
I have a mark tod stable rug for my welsh D and fits him nice and snug, also I have recently found out that amigo rugs fit him really well as well after buying on a couple months an=go for the cold winter nights! Both however are very good brands and worth the money:)