mark todd vs dublin river boots?

mazzerrr1993

Visit site
Hi

I just wanted opinions on these boots, ive used mark todd for about 6 years but since last October ive gone through 4 pairs (Only wear them twice a day when on the yard) One pair lasted 3 weeks before lining came up! Replacement pair not much longer! They reduced the price and clearly the quality too, problem is i LOVE the boots.
The dublin river boots have a similar look which i like but the price is about the same as the mark todd a few years ago so was hoping the quality of these might last ?
Ive no issue paying the £140 so long as they are going to last me!

I do need wide calf so some options are limited!

any thoughts?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I'm having same dilemma with my favourite brands/styles... thoroughly miffed. So, I'm following your thread in case I too can find quality footwear that lasts!

cornbrodolly

Visit site
I bought a pair of fleecelined long Mark Todd boots at Bramham in 2012 , for a cut price of £50 ..... I am still wearing them! The zips went within a couple of years , so used a leather punch, bought metre long laces and made them laceups . perhaps mine were before quality is less? Pity, as I expect to buy another pair at some stage. Last yr bought what looked like a similar pair , Toggis - they were so uncomfortable I gave them away!

meleeka

Visit site
I hoped Dublin had sorted their lining out but one of my boots needs a shoe horn to put on or the lining creases at the heal. This foot is quite snug though so probably why. The other is fine and they are comfortable.

I liked my Toggi’s but they did feel like the heel was too high when they were new.

The last boots I had were Rhinegold. I needed to spray them with a re-proofing spray but they lasted well and comfortable.