Marked down for having a blaze??

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
Will I be marked down at county level if my horse has a white blazed own her face?

She was t bred to show, she was bred for dressage and her cousin is a certain dressage legend so the fact that she moves impressively is not an issue and she has an incredibly willing and mannerly attitude.

But having a white blaze I have noticed is rare in the show ring for a riding horse class? Or have I just missed a lot of them?

She's got potential if the judges don't mark her down so is it a big issue?

WelshD

Visit site
Its not a massive issue but I do think you'll find some judges will prefer less markings though not necessarily admit that. I think you'd have more problems if she were a hack

In saying that an exceptional horse or pony will usually prevail. Sandbank Early Bird is a pony that springs to mind straight away, a chestnut show pony with socks and a blaze in a sea of dark bay show ponies that frequently comes out on top

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
Its not a massive issue but I do think you'll find some judges will prefer less markings though not necessarily admit that. I think you'd have more problems if she were a hack

In saying that an exceptional horse or pony will usually prevail. Sandbank Early Bird is a pony that springs to mind straight away, a chestnut show pony with socks and a blaze in a sea of dark bay show ponies that frequently comes out on top

That's good to hear, I hope her paces and temperament will provide such a wow factor that they won't consider her blaze so much
Thanks!

conniegirl

Visit site
Tbh unless you want to do hacks, show ponies, fell, dales, ex or or Dartmoor classes then the judge will only concider it if it makes the head look coarse or common.
Dress the head with an appropriate bridle and you will be fine

TT55

Visit site
My friend won her championship at Olympia and her horse has a big blaze and 4 white legs to his knees.

GreenEyedMonster

Visit site
Tbh unless you want to do hacks, show ponies, fell, dales, ex or or Dartmoor classes then the judge will only concider it if it makes the head look coarse or common.
Dress the head with an appropriate bridle and you will be fine

Fab, I will bare this in mind next time I look at her (I'm away at the moment and she's new!)