Martin Clunes: Heavy Horse Power

SpottyTB

Visit site
Hmmm, finding the way that "trainer" is training quite interesting.. did anyone notice the way he was yanking the lunge line? I know he's a big horse but he'll still have a babies mouth and i feel for the poor sod being pulled around like that - plus the little dog was NOT helping, how can you expect a baby to just pick up lunging like that (clicks fingers) and especially with a dog yapping at its heels :(

SpottyTB

Visit site
OH drives and he's ploughed with a pair of 3 year olds (in a ploughing comp) and they were the best pair he's had.. apparently 2 is a good age to "start" them.

Fii

Visit site
Hmmm, finding the way that "trainer" is training quite interesting.. did anyone notice the way he was yanking the lunge line? I know he's a big horse but he'll still have a babies mouth and i feel for the poor sod being pulled around like that - plus the little dog was NOT helping, how can you expect a baby to just pick up lunging like that (clicks fingers) and especially with a dog yapping at its heels :(

The magic of telly! ;)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Didn't take long for people to nit-pick....think of the size of the horse and they will grow more. Im guessing that starting them is better for their handling and state of mind than thinking 'oh I better wait till 4'.....

Enjoy the bloody programme!

Coblover63

Visit site
I'm VERY disappointed that those babies are starting work at two. Just because they are big(gish) in size, doesn't mean their bones are mature. They've obviously never read the article on growth plates :(:( Bruce may be taller but he's very lanky and just looks so very young to me.....

ladyt25

Visit site
A Vacuum!! Now why have I not tried that before?!!! Right, that's it - off to get myself one of those - no more me getting covered in hair! :D

ladyt25

Visit site
I'm VERY disappointed that those babies are starting work at two. Just because they are big(gish) in size, doesn't mean their bones are mature. Bruce may be taller but he's very lanky and just looks so very young to me.....

Why shouldn't they? It's not exactly taxing work - they're not being asked to carry a person or pull something heavy. It's only lungeing essentially. You know when your youngster gets to an age when it wants to 'do' something.