Martsnets and sizing

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with Martsnets coming up ridiculously small.
I ordered 2 of the small mesh martsnet as I really liked the look of them and heard good things. I emailed rather than just ordering as I also wanted a custom large mesh ones.

The colour I wanted was not in stock but was offered one that was already made up, initially they said 2 foot and I replied no I need the 3 foot which takes 7kg, it's also described as large.

When it arrived, it looked quite small so I measured it and it was 2foot. I emailed but was told they come up a bit short initially but drop with use. So I took it up to the yard and filled it and weighed. It takes 4kg, I could maybe get 5 if I really forced but nowhere near the 7kg I was hoping for. When I emptied it the contents fitted easily into a pony size net.

I have emailed pictures showing it measuring at 2 ft and full weighing 4kg and just got it's the 3 foot, you can return if you don't like it.

Firstly that would leave me out of pocket for postage but actually I really like it, it's a lovely net, I just want one that will take enough for a large horse.

Does anyone else have one and can comment on the size. I'd like to know if the one on the website described as 3 foot/7kg actually does come up very small or if I have been sent the wrong size and the won't acknowledge this

Puddleduck

Visit site
I bought the 2.5ft field net for my barefoot horse. I've used it for 2 weeks and it's definitely stretched in that time. Like you I was worried about small size when I first filled it. I've also found that the hole size means that my horse eats more slowly as he can only pull small quantities through in each mouthful compared to his other small holed nets so it is lasting him longer each day.

criso

Visit site
I already have elim a nets and shires haylage nets but he's chewed nose size holes in them so I was trying to replace with something more robust. I want to feed 6 - 7kg at night and even if it stretches I'm not sure it will stretch from 4kg to 7kg.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
Yes me! I bought 3 of the large nets and couldn't get anywhere near enough in and I don't feed huge amounts. I was told they would drop but after a week i sent mine back, non recorded and they apparently never arrived, so no nets and no refund!

Baroque

Visit site
I have several Martsnets. Sorry I don't recall the sizes now but just to mention that they do stretch out in the first few weeks as the knots tighten. They are proving to be all but indestructible and I've been really impressed by them.

brightmount

Visit site
I don't know about overall size, but I ordered one of these for my fatty about a year ago, and she was so disgusted she refused to eat out of it at all. The holes were very minuscule, I think they were 2cm, not sure they still do them that small, but it was a colossal waste of money for me.

criso

Visit site
They still do 20mm but I went for the 35mm for the one I have to slow down and also got some custom ones made that are almost normal size for my other. The custom ones although apparently the same length and capacity are much longer and can fit more hay in.

Yes me! I bought 3 of the large nets and couldn't get anywhere near enough in and I don't feed huge amounts. I was told they would drop but after a week i sent mine back, non recorded and they apparently never arrived, so no nets and no refund!

If I send then back I will do it send it tracked or recorded and through paypal as they are not really as described.

The thing is I would happily have ordered and paid extra for a bigger size, all I wanted was something that fitted the amount of hay I need it to.